Chapter 11

Kyle is angry. Anger is an understatement, he is furious. I didn't think he would notice, afterall I wiped the tears off my cheeks. Caleb, Sawyer & Amira just kept on staring at the two of us. It was awkward.

"I'm not crying," I frowned.

"You're not crying but you sure as hell cried!" He half yelled.

"Look I'm not crying okay, I'm smiling. See?" I pointed at my now grinning face.

"You are a terrible liar," Sawyer said dryly.

Kyle just kept on staring at me, studying my face as if it held some answers to his questions.

"Kyle let's just go home I'm not crying," I said sounding tired. Honestly, the news Paige gave made me weak. It's best I just rest at home.

He stared blankly.

"Kyle I'm serious."

"Fine!" He huffed.

He said his goodbyes to Sawyer & Caleb and we got in the car with Amira in the back seat.

The car was silent and the aura was awkward. We just sat there and I could see Kyle's knuckles were so white from grabbing the steering. He is still mad. I decided to break the silence with an introduction.

"This is Amira, Kyle."

Amira's head shot up from her phone on hearing her name and just stared. Kyle on the other hand looked through the rearview mirror at Amira earning a smile from her.

"She's my friend," I continued.

"Cool, but what about Paige?" He asked.

My body tensed up & Amira could notice it too. Ugh! I wish he never brought up that name.

I ignored his question and continue talking.

"She's Muslim and from Pakistan."

"Cool," He shrugged.

"Nice to meet you," Amira smiled.

"Wait, ain't you supposed to be using hijab and stuff."

"Well... It's not compulsory," Amira trailed off.

"But you still meant to be using a scarf on your head right?" Kyle asked.

Well, he might be true about that because I heard Muslims cover their head and Amira isn't using a veil and all.

"Yes, but I don't really feel like. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't," She grinned.

"Hmm... And you pray five times a day?" He asked looking at her from the rearview mirror.

"Yes! I certainly do that. I'm not really religious and all but I certainly do that."

He nodded.

It's nice that they are talking and getting along. Honestly, I thought Kyle would be rude and all but they seem just fine.

After some minutes Amira alights at her house & thanks Kyle bidding us goodbye. I'm really going to miss her company.

We resume on the road and Kyle kept on a straight face looking ahead the whole time. Everywhere was silent and really disturbing. Why would he be angry, it's my business, not his. I couldn't bear the silence & his face was really stern. I just had to say something.

"Kyle? Kyle, I'm sorry."

Nothing. His hand just gripped the steering tighter.

"Kyle?"