Chapter 10

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I groaned as I stretched my arm to the alarm clock switching it off. I opened my eyes & got up, the time was 7:10am. It's been a week since the incident so I'm strong enough to go to school. Also, I can't wait to see Kyle. I mean after all those things he said and the kiss, we have to be something right, Right? To be honest he's actually the main reason why I can't wait to go to school. I touch my lips again and shudder remembering the effect of the peck. If a peck has this much effect, how about a kiss?! I sighed.

I took my underwear and walked to the bathroom. Having a quick bath I walked out and brushed my hair. I slipped on a blue trouser, a black sweater and my black converse. I applied light makeup something I've never done before. Just because I want to look good today for Kyle.

Once I was done already it was seven forty-five and I made my way downstairs to the kitchen where I found my dad.

"Morning sir."

He muttered something under his breath and I'm guessing it was profanities, I'm too excited to care.

I made breakfast of egg and pancakes for the both of us and we ate in silence. After that, I washed the dishes and bolted out to catch the school bus.

I got on the bus greeting the only person who is nice to me on this bus. Mr Wales a man in his mid-forties.

The bus is the same as it always was Lousy! Chattering! Chattering! Chattering! Don't they ever get tired? Can't they just shut the fuck up throughout the bus ride?

***

I got off the bus and adjusted my sweater. This is gonna be a long day. I walked to the main building and something caught my eye, someone.

I turned my head to the left & saw Kyle making out with some girl. Wait What?! Oh my god, this can't be happening. I'm dreaming! I ran as fast as my feet could take me. I didn't know where I was going to, I just wanted to get out of here. I thought for once, once in my life I was appreciated by the opposite sex. That someone would show me love despite the hate I've received from the world. I should have known, he's a monster, a goddamn player! I hate him so much! I hate his ass. He fooled me. I couldn't control the tears. I expected more from him, more than the world has ever offered, more than I thought I could earn. I guess I'm just unlucky. This is my fate, to be unhappy.

The bell rang signalling the first period & I hurried to class.

***

"Lilia Miller!" A voice boomed my name snapping me out of my thoughts. My eyes met with Mrs Murphy.

"Yes?" I replied feeling my cheeks lit up in embarrassment.

"Do you know the answer?" Mrs Murphy asked, her voice filled with irritation.

Honestly, I didn't even know she asked a question. I've been thinking about Kyle & the fact that he's in the same class as I am bugged me.

"No, sorry," I muttered.

"That's the third time today you haven't being paying attention, Lilia."

"Uhm I'm sorry."

Mrs Murphy sighed and turned back to the board.

I lowered myself further into my chair trying to make myself as small as possible. I turned to look at Amira yes she's in the same class earning a confused look from her.

"Are you okay?" She mouthed. I simply nodded and she faced the board. I just want this day to end!

The bell rang indicating that the class is over. I swung my bag over my shoulder quickly making it to the exit so I can avoid Kyle.