Chapter 15

School ended an hour ago and Kyle, Amira and me are on our way to the mall to pick a dress for the dinner today. I'm kind of nervous because I'm meeting Kyle's dad for the first time and I don't know the kind of person he is, what he likes and all. I pray it's not a complete disaster. It can't be Lilia you awesome. Yeah, I know but still, I'm not so sure about this.

We walk into the mall and the shop attendant made me try all the gowns in the shop ok now I'm just overreacting, it was only a couple of gowns.

Finally, after so many trials I settled for one; it was a peach floral dress and a cute clutch bag to go with it. Kyle paid using his credit card and we exited the mall.

We got to the car and after so many constant whines about my hunger, Amira was hungry too but she didn't talk for some reason, Kyle took us to McDonald's.

"How may I help you?" The brunette at the counter asked with a forced smile. She looked maybe a few years older than us.

"Yes, I'll have a double cheeseburger, no onions and fries and a strawberry milkshake," I said.

"Same," Amira said with a smile. Then she looked at Kyle with an extra smile and trust me it wasn't forced.

"I'll just have a burger, large fries and coca-cola," Kyle said.

"Really? Are you sure that's all?" She said, smiling sheepishly.

Amira and I looked at each other. Is this girl flirting with my boyfriend?

"That's all."

"Okay, coming right up," She said grinning. Ugh kill me, I wanna rip that smile off her face.

Are you jealous Lilia?

Naa, I'm not.

Or am I?

We grabbed our tray as we made our way to the nearest unoccupied table.

"That girl was totally flirting with you," I said.

"She was?" Kyle shrugged, preparing to bite his burger.

"Yes she was Kyle," I said emphasising on Kyle and watched him take a big bite off his burger.

"Well I didn't notice Lia," He replied emphasising Lia.

I huffed and folded my arms. Kyle observed and stopped eating. He rested his back folding his arms on his chest.

He looked at me with a raised eyebrow, "Are you jealous?"

"What, me? Jealous? Pfft!"

He raised his eyebrow again studying my face. I looked to Amira and she just continued eating like nothing was happening.

"I'm not jealous Kyle," I said rolling my eyes.

"Then eat."

"You eat."

He shook his head and went back to eating. I wanted to not eat but I was really hungry and the burger and fries smelt so nice. Defeated, I began eating.

On our way home the radio was playing a really interesting song. I've never heard the song but the beat and lyrics were pretty cool. Well, the ones in English because he was speaking his language. I don't know what it was but it sounded African. The on-air personality did say he's from Nigeria though. Cool, I would love to visit and learn about their culture.

After the long ride, we reached my home and I prepared to get down with the shopping bag in my hand.

"I'll pick you up by six, that's less than two hours for you to get ready."