The Day It All Began

Hey there, reader! Before beginning this story I would like to advertise my new story a bit ... It's called "Random Thoughts" and it's not really the concept of a normal story, but I hope that you, if you check it out, will still like it! Well now, I hope you'll enjoy my story and thank you!

~J~

Pure darkness, so dark you can't even see your own feet when you look down. That's the kind of darkness I was in, not hearing or feeling anything else than my own fast heartbeat... But then suddenly a little light appears, like a small firefly, brighter than I had ever seen before. I try walking towards it, but my legs can't move. No matter how hard I try, I stay right where I'm standing. It's like my feet are nailed to the ground. But then, as if it knows I can't move, the light starts approaching me, coming closer and closer and the closer it gets to me, the hotter it starts to get. When it's so close I can almost touch it, the light explodes and dazzles me. When my sight goes back to normal , I see black and red flames surrounding and burning me. Not like a normal fire, no ... it's more like it's burning my inside, my...soul. Suddenly I hear them. Voices. Screams. Words begging for mercy and help. Out of nowhere a deep voice, so dark that it must have come from the deepest depths of hell, echoes through the darkness ...

"I finally get to meet you, Jason Gray. I have been waiting and searching for so long, but I finally found you. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I'm not able to introduce myself. Don't worry tho, we'll meet again soon, and when we do... YOU'LL REGRET THAT YOU WERE EVER BORN!!!"

It starts laughing, a loud, demonical sound that nearly makes my ears explode, while the fire burning deep inside me gets even hotter and gives me the feeling I'm melting. I start screaming ...

I wake up. My bed sheets are soaked by my sweat. No more darkness, no more screams. It takes me a while to realise it was all just a dream, but when I do, I feel relieved.

'But it all felt so real... ',I think by myself. Well, honestly, it always does. This wasn't the first time I had such a nightmare. They started the day my parents died, 13 years ago, and they never stopped. Since then, I've had them every single night, and every time I wake up screaming, lying under soaked bed sheets.

In the beginning, my grandparents always came to my room to see what was going on. Now they're used to it, and they don't even ask what the nightmare was about anymore. It's always the same story: darkness, a light approaching me and then blowing up, the flames burning me from the inside, the voices screaming... But this time it was different. The voice was never there before, and it really made me worry.

'Oh well', I think by myself, 'it's just another one'.

I take my phone and look at the time.

"Ohw sh*t, is it already that late?! Why didn't they wake me up?!"

I quickly get out of bed and run to the bathroom. After taking a short shower and getting dressed I look into the mirror.

"Ugh, I look like a mess..."

I got black circles under my blue eyes, and my hair is pointing everywhere. I quickly put some gel in it to make my hair look less like a bird's nest.

"Well, I guess this will have to do..."

My hair still looks terrible, but at least it's a bit better now.

I run downstairs where I see my grandma and grandpa sitting at the dining table in the kitchen.