03

I was cold and wet. My teeth were chattering, and I was once again alone.

My min  felt like it was running a mile, still trying to process why Morana snapped. I knew I had to get it off my mind, I new I had to get her off my mind. So I did the one thing that always a great distraction, alcohol and nicotine. 

I went to my stash of old cigarettes, to fully pull out the box. I walked back into the kitchen to grab my best friend, whiskey. I took a swig of the burning liquid, burning as it traveled down my throat. 

I immediately put the cigarette between my lips, applying heat to the end. I inhaled the smoke, taking in every bit of nicotine. I walked into my room that I once shared with Kali. The lipstick stained cigarette was still lying on the piece of paper that broke me. 

I took another sip of the brown liquid, closing my eyes to bask in the burn that soothed me. 

The thunder boomed some more, the rain pounded against my home, and all I wanted to do was be in it. I wanted to get out of the home that I once knew was not only mine. Where, now, I'm alone. 

I pushed the glowing cigarette into the ash tray, defusing the heat. Lightening flashed outside the window, drawing my attention. It was dark and quiet outside, besides the rumbles and booms of thunder. 

I finally opened the door after taking a large gulp of the liquid courage. The rain whipped inside, cold and sharp. 

I walked down the steps and to the sidewalk, not knowing where I'm going. 

A muffled moan escaped the ally I have come to know. As I walked into the cold, dark ally I heard shuffling, and more sobs. 

I had an idea who it was, the only person I knew to be in this ally. 

"Morana?" I quietly yelled out, expected for some sort of reply.

All that was heard was a quiet cough. I stepped closer to where it was coming from, realizing it was Morana. 

"Morana, why the hell are you out here?" I spoke calmly, but still concerned. She looked up at me in her shivering, crouched state. I attempted to help her up, but she yanked out of my reach. 

"Don't. Touch me." She snapped, causing me to step back in shock. Where is my whiskey?

"Morana, you need to come in, your lips are blue and your teeth are chattering." I crouched down, meeting her eyes. 

"Why do you want to help me?" She questioned, furrowing her eyebrows. 

"So you don't end up like me, lonely."