Shock and Surprise

Jenna's Perspective:-

Jenna was escorted to Nana's inverted office as soon as she reached the circle. Ivy was with her. When she entered, she saw Stephanie and Leah and a guy she'd never seen before standing behind Nana. Fiona was also standing near the door.

Old Nana cleared her throat and Fiona scampered out of the room, closing the door behind her. Jenna didn't like the way everyone treated Fiona.

"Oh Jenny," Nana came and wrapped her in an embrace. Somehow, Jenna felt it was full of pretence. "I'm so glad you're safe."

Jenna muttered and stared.

"And Adrian?" Nana asked, looking for answers.

Jenna looked at Ivy. Ivy kept her head down. Then she turned at Nana.

"He's dead," Jenna answered, a big lump getting caught in her throat.

Nana showed expressions of horror. Then she hugged her again.

"I'm so sorry, Jenny," she said. "I'm so sorry."

"I would like to know what's going on," Jenna demanded.

"Well you see Jenna," Nana said grimly. "There seems to be a traitor in our midst. Someone who is giving out information to the outside through means of communication. But I can't figure out how its been done. But until that person is caught, we all have to be on our guard always."

Communicating with the outside world? Fiona! And Drew! The revelation hit Jenna like a brick. How could she? She trusted her. And she trusted Drew.

Just then, the door opened and Trevor walked in. All heads turned to his direction. Suddenly Leah made to lung at her brother but Nana stopped her. What the hell is going on?

"Trevor," Nana said, scrutinizing him. "I need a word with you." Then she turned to Jenna. "Go and get some rest dear."

Jenna didn't want to leave. She wanted to know what's going on. But Nana was impatiently waiting for her leave so reluctantly, she dragged herself out of the room.

"Trevor," Nana said. "Explanation."

Trevor turned at Leah. His sister was mad, he could tell. She wouldn't look at him in the eyes.

"There was a distraction," Trevor said.

"What kind, may I ask?" Nana asked sternly.

"The Trinity," Trevor answered warily. He hoped Nana wouldn't ask him to elaborate.

"You were placed in a very important mission, Trevor," Nana said. "Your priority was to protect Jenna. Look at what your distraction had caused. Adrian is killed. Jenna almost lost her life too. You were supposed to watch over them."

"I'm sorry," Trevor mumbled.

"You should be," Nana said and dismissed them.

Once out on their own, Leah lunged at Trevor, sending both of them crashing inside a room. Trevor got up but Leah hurled him to the floor. Then she picked him up and pinned him against the wall, her teeth bared and eyes glowing.

Boy! Is she mad!

"What the hell were you thinking?" Leah growled.

"Calm down sis," Trevor choked.

"I will not calm down," Leah growled more menacingly, pinning him harder into the wall. "She almost got killed."

"But she's not dead, is she?" Trevor remarked sarcastically.

Leah screamed and threw him down on the floor again. She stomped towards him but Trevor held his hand up.

"I found her," he said.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Leah demanded.

"Mavis. She's not dead."

Leah was suddenly traveling down memory lane.

"But Leah," she said, her eyes brimming with tears. "I love you."

Leah kissed her head.

"I'll be back Mavis, I promise."

Mavis....

Leah gathered her senses around and looked at Trevor deep in the eyes.

"She died that night," Leah concluded.

"She was the distraction Leah," Trevor admitted. "She was dying when I found her."

"But how could that be possible?" Leah said, more to herself. She was sure everyone in the circle died that night. However, bodies were not found. Everything was burned up. Now she doubted. Maybe Mavis never died after all. Maybe she was taken prisoner. All these years, she had to live with the thought that Mavis really died.

"Where's she now?" She asked.

"Somewhere only you and I know," Trevor grinned.

Leah grinned too, despite her anger just seconds before.

Meanwhile, Jenna couldn't rest at all. Her body was demanding rest but her mind was too active to sit still. After taking a shower, she sat on her bed. She needed to expose Fiona. She knew she had no real evidence but it has to be her. Fiona herself told her that she was able to communicate with Drew. No one else could have that kind of power to communicate with the other world than Keepers. She also remembered Fiona telling her about the Keepers' power lust. Fiona is a Keeper, it would make sense if she wanted power after all the unfair treatment she was getting. After all, a Keeper will be a Keeper. It must run in their blood. She hoped she wouldn't meet her alone. She has already rated her as dangerous.

I have a really good taste in friends! Jenna thought sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

Right now, much as she wanted to have some action, she decided to give her body a treat by taking a nice long rest.