Chapter 34: Eight Weeks

The eight week mark came quickly. It took me a full week to accept I was pregnant. Gwen bought me prenatal vitamins. I have been throwing up so much and I'm not sure what to do about everything going on.

Nathan is here and everyone is here and we brought all the things in the house and the girls discreetly only let me carry boxes.

I'm so tired and I feel low today. My stomach and back are cramping, I've been nauseas all day, my breasts ache and I'm so emotional.

And tired, I'm so tired.

"You look like shit." Gabe says, handing me a beer. I just lazily raise my hand off the floor to wave him off.

"Are you alright amour?" Nathan looks worried.

I'm sitting on the floor out our living room, my legs out lazily in front of me. My arms are limp noodle and I just want to go to sleep.

I need to tell him. Gwen, Harper, and Anna start making pushing movements to tell me tell him. Mason and Gabe see them and they look at me, confused.

"Amour." Nathan says. "You look like you're about to pass out."

I'm really dizzy.

"I'm dizzy." I say, blinking as the room spins.

I did too much today. I wiped myself out.

When it stops, I see him crouched in front of me with a beer in his hand, his eyebrows creased adorably in concern.

I need to tell him.

"Odeletta." He says. "What's wrong?"

"Nathan," I start slowly. "I-" I cut off. What if he doesn't want the baby? What if he's not ready? "I think we should push the wedding." I say. "To, like, next month."

"What?" He asks.

"We should get married next month."

"Why? You wanted to get married next year. We agreed to get married next year."

"This is our only chance." I mumble, wiping a bead of sweat from my forehead.

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm going to call our mothers and tell them to come out and help plan the wedding." I decide, reaching for my phone.

He reaches out and plucks my phone from my hand, his face looking stern.

"You put Lucia in the garage today. It's May, Odeletta. You always bring Lucia out the moment the snow melts, so why is Lucia in the garage? Why do you want to push the wedding? You have been acting weird for weeks and nobody will tell me anything. What's happened? Why don't you want to drive Lucia? Why are you pushing the wedding?"

I open my mouth to reply but I put one finger up.

"Hold that thought." I say, hoisting myself off the ground.

I'm going to throw up.

He grabs my hand.

"No, don't run off. What's going on?"

"Let go of her!" Gwen blurts when she sees the look on my face.

He releases me immediately and I sprint to the bathroom, barely making it to the toilet before I throw up the contents of my stomach.

I throw up until there's nothing left and then I flush the toilet, rinse my mouth, and walk back into the living room off of the kitchen.

"Odeletta." He folds his arms across his chest.