Chapter 23: Nightmare

THERE IS A VERY DESCRIPTIVE VIOLENT PART OF THIS CHAPTER IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT, SKIP THE ITALIC SECTION! IF YOU DECIDE TO READ IT;

I DON'T WANT TO HEAR HOW I SHOULDN'T HAVE WRITTEN IT OR WHATEVER

Enjoy :)

_____

The amount of time that iPad crashed before I got it to load through the actual internet I lost count.

The woman, Jasmine, put her baby in the crib and now she's sitting with me. She made burger and I almost moaned when I ate them.

It's eleven at night now.

I get it to load.

And then it crashes. I let out a frustrated groan.

Jasmine waves her hand off.

"Stay the night and tomorrow figure out something to do."

"I don't want to impose." I mutter.

"Nah, stick around." She waves her had dismissively. "What brings you to Andes anyways? There's nothing here."

I sigh and explain what happened. She listens and we drink our beers.

She kicks back, her feet on the kitchen table.

"You have balls doing that shit. I'd have sat on the ground and cries and shivered."

I laugh.

"I've done it before." I say. "Let's just say I'm good at camping."

She snorts.

"I'd offer up the TV but our channels consist of the news and soaps, and they're not to good soaps.

"That's fine." I say, wishing she had an iPhone so I could charge my phone.

There's no reception so I couldn't call Nathan but I could at least Play Temple run or Hop or something.

"I wonder if he's reported me missing." I mumble.

"Let's check." She says, flicking on the TV.

We move to the couch with our beers.

And my face is on the screen.

I blow out a breath.

"My fiancé is probably beside himself."

Nathan

I haven't slept in three days or something, I haven't showered and Gwen practically forced me to eat.

I reported her as a missing person and my time of waiting consists of checking my phone and looking at photos of Odette.

When I'm not on my phone, I'm pacing.

I have a bad feeling that Jacob snatched her up and raped and killed her but the cop assigned on her missing person case is Officer Larik and he told me that Jacob is crossed off the list because he was at a party at his own house and there's over a hundred people there to verify he was there.

Larik has tried everything it find her but there's so sight of her.

"She hasn't made any transactions since before you left for Colorado." Larik says.

It's eleven at night. How could she not have made transactions.

I begged him to check her bank.

No transactions.

"She hasn't bought gas?" I whisper, feeling my last shed of hope vanish.

"No." He says.

"What about Lucia?" Gwen demands. "You didn't trace the plate?"