Chapter 1: Frost

Welcome to book two! Let me know what you guys think!

_____

I hate early-risers. I hate when people get up before the dew has dried on the windows of the New York City cabs.

Unfortunately for me and the three other people that room with Harper Montgomery, she is an early riser.

Which mean that she's up, banging around in the kitchen, making as much noise as one small girl can.

Oh, but if you accuse her of intentionally trying to rouse her four roommates, she will say she's being as quiet as she can.

Bullshit, I think to myself as I hear a loud shriek from the floor below me, and then the sound of something loudly hitting the wood floor.

"Gabe!" She shrieks. "There's a bug on the floor!"

"I am going to kill her!" Odeletta moans next to me. I don't have to open my eyes to know she's shoving her head under her pillow.

"Gabe! Gabriel Reed!"

"I'm coming!" He screeches from the bedroom two over from mine. I hear his thundering footsteps as he stomps down the stairs. "What?" He bellows.

Pissed, I sit up, opening the bedroom door.

"Shut the fuck up!" I shout. "The sun is hardly out of the fucking sky! Go back to bed, you nocturnal assholes!"

I storm back into Odeletta and I's bedroom, drawing the black out curtains over all the windows, and then I flop back in bed with a harsh sigh. I close my eyes, thankful my cousin is silencing his girlfriend.

And then a car alarm starts going off outside my window.

I can hear my girlfriend laughing next to me when she hears me sigh.

"I think I might die today." I say to her. "Seeing as I'm so sleep deprived."

"Oh shut up." She says, laughing as she pulls her head out from under her pillow. "You went to bed at nine and it is eight. You slept eleven hours."

I simply grunt in response, kicking the covers off of me.

"Tu me déteste, Mon Amour." I accuse. She sits up, smiling. Sleep takes over her beautiful features, her hair messy, and somehow, she still looks incredible.

"I do not hate you." She says, stretching and yawning adorably. I walk over to her and kiss her forehead, and then walk across the hall to the bathroom.

"I get the shower first!" Mason shouts from upstairs.

"Suck my ass!" I call up to him. I hear his footsteps rushing down the staircase and I run, almost taking off the railing to the staircase as I shove my best friend of nineteen years out of the way, slipping into the bathroom and locking the door before he can do it himself.

"Why the hell haven't we put in another shower!" He groans. I hear him stomp back upstairs and I smirk to myself.

It's about time I got the shower first.

I hear footsteps upstairs.

"Odette!" Mason calls. "Are you showering?"

"Yeah!" She calls up to him.

"Go shower with Nate! You two take forty five minutes each."

"If she showers with me it's going to take much longer!" I holler through the locked door. I hear him groan loudly and I snicker, turning on the water. I pee first and flush, and just as I grab the waistband of my briefs to pull them down, I hear a soft knock on the door.