Chapter 33: Secret

Odeletta

I moan, vomiting into the toilet again. I hear Gwen sigh from her seat on the edge of the bathtub.

"You need to call Nathan." She says.

When I finish vomiting, I shake my head.

"No!"

"Odeletta, this is his-"

"He isn't supposed to be here for another two weeks!" I shriek. "I can't, oh god, this isn't happening. This isn't happening."

She sighs quietly.

The house we went to see that one day a month and a half ago is the one we bought. The only problem with that is it won't be ready for another two weeks. They told us it wouldn't be ready until May 5th.

It's only April 21st.

I sit against the counter, my knees bent in front of my. My right hand rests on my right knee, my palm pressed to my forehead, and my left hand rests on my other knee.

"What am I gonna do?" I mumble. "I cannot do this, Gwen, we aren't getting married until next year!"

"Take a deep breath." Gwen says. "It's going to be fine."

I force myself to my feet, flushing the toilet, and brace myself against the kitchen counter.

"First of all, when could it have happened?"

"The night before we went to look at the house." I mumble. "We didn't have a condom so he just went in without it. We were going to get the pill the next day but with everything with the house and him having to leave the morning after for two months we forgot. We fucking forgot to get the pill. Oh my god." I throw up again, and I an feel her holding my hair and rubbing my back.

"And how late are you?"

"I have my periods in the middle of the month." I sniffle. "I had it before he came in March and there was nothing this month. My period should have started a week ago, Gwen! A fucking week!

"Okay." She sighs. "So just take the pregnancy test."

"Pregnant. God, I'm fucking pregnant." I groan into the toilet bowl and start dry heaving.

"You don't know you're pregnant yet. You don't know that."

"Just take the damn test. Pee on all three of them."

I groan again, and then flush the toilet and rinse my mouth with water.

"Aside from the late period, I've been throwing up at random points in the day for two days."

"That could be a stomach bug." She says.

"I've been having cramping breasts, I'm exhausted, there's a tiny bit of spotting, headaches, dizziness, and I ate a whole jar of pickles and drank the juice, I put so much hot sauce in my ramen that it burnt my tongue, and I've been chewing ice."

"Okay, let's see. You would be more than a month, right? Because he came on the eighteens of last month and tomorrow is a Saturday so tomorrow would be-"

"Six weeks. Tomorrow would be six weeks."

"Alright. Let's google six week pregnancy symptoms."

She pulls her phone from her pocket while rubbing my back.

"Pee on the sticks while I do this." She orders.

Groaning, I grab the sticks and rip them open. She turns to face inside the tub while she types away from her phone.