Chapter 36

Hailey and Luke. I quickly turned back around.

Not here. Not now.

I slid down farther into my seat so my head wasn't exposed. I can't let them see me.
"Hey are you okay?" Derek lightly tapped my shoulder causing me to slightly jump.
"Huh? Oh yeah I am fine." I lied. I could feel the sweat rolling down my forehead like tears. I looked over at Matt who sat on the row beside us. He was fast asleep and lightly snoring.
I looked at Nash who was asleep with earbuds in his ears. I could hear the music escape his earphones. Wrecking ball caked up remix was playing.
I could hear Haileys voice since she sat right behind me.
Think about happy things. What makes you happy? Umh let's see.. bands, twitter, the boys, Audrey, Matt. Matt, his beautiful smile, how his laugh can make me smile, how his dirty blonde hair is jelled up.
I instantly smiled to myself, deep into my thoughts. I no longer thought about Hailey and Luke, I calmed down a bit.
How can you be calm when the person you fear most is sitting right behind you? I constantly argued with myself.
I suddenly heard him laugh. I cringed at the sound. The same laugh he made when it happened. The same laugh at the bank. I sat up in my seat, shocked when I came to realization.
He killed all those innocent people.
My thoughts were interrupted when Derek decided to make conversation with me.

--------

Derek is really nice and funny, I can see us being great friends. He also will be attending our school. I looked out to the window, we are coming closer to the ground. We will be landing soon. It feels good to be back in Virginia.
I said my goodbyes to Derek before the plane lands, we exchanged numbers. I wanted to be the first one off this plane.

-----

Once the plane came to a full stop I sped to get off. I stepped down letting the cold breeze hit my face. The sun started to set, making the sky turn a bright orange. But it was not the time to admire the view, I walked quickly inside.
Without thinking I dashed to the bathrooms. I texted Matt and Nash to meet me there.
I walked into the girls bathroom to gather my thoughts. Why is my life so fucked up?
I looked at myself in the mirror, I saw someone walk in but I ignored it. "Miss me?" I quickly turned around to see Hailey.
"I never thought id see you here?" She laughed and popped her gum. "So how are you and Matt doing? I heard you two are dating. Aw how cute, it would be a shame if anything happened." She came closer to me. "Don't get in my way" she spat and strutted out of the bathroom.
I felt relief when I heard Matt calling my name.
I jumped into his arms and didn't let go for a while.