Goodbye Ashton

Ashton's pov

I slowly opened my eyes when I heard my name being called faintly. I had no energy. I couldn't even open my eyes. As soon as I did I was blinded with bright white lights. I immediately closed them because it was burning my eyes. I heard the faint sound of my name being called again. This time I decided to open them.

"Ashton Look" I recognised it was my mom's voice.

When I was fully awake I realised I was lying on the hospital bed surrounded by people I didn't wanted to. I never wanted them to see me in this condition. In my room surrounding my bed were Bailey, Nate, Grandma, Jennifer, Pamela, Eleanor along with my grandfather and Mom. There were no signs of Cameron or Calum but who am I kidding they are happy and are enjoying their honeymoon. They are probably on the plane.

But I was happy that they all were here with me but then I saw Calum and Cameron standing at the door. Cameron crying in Calum's arms. They were behind everybody and that is the reason I didn't see them at the first place.

.

Calum's pov

We just got into our car when we heard about Ashton having another attack. There was no way we could go leaving Ashton so we all hurried him to the hospital. He has dark circles under his eyes, his face is pale and his lips are dry. The cheerful Ashton is gone. He looks so fragile and it hurts me to see him like this. Everybody in this room is crying but putting up a smile on their face because we all know Ashton will prefer that more.

But it shocked me when I saw him cry. Yes I have never seen him cry but right now looking at his painful condition is making me cry too. Today whatever I have is because of him. My happiness, my love, my future everything is because of Ashton.

Bailey was crying a lot. A small girl who loved Ashton knows that he is going to leave us all soon but unlike everybody she doesn't know how to hide her emotions. But I know at one point everyone will break down. Bailey had a rose in her hand.

Ashton waved at her. His hand was shaking. He was so weak that he couldn't even wave. Bailey waved back and took small steps towards him. Her tears not stopping. Without saying anything she handed him the rose. Ashton smiled and took the rose.

"Will you marry me Bailey?" He asked. His eyes were wet but his smile was prominent. Bailey shook her head.

"Please?" Ashton's shaky voice echoed in the room. Bailey nodded her head wiping the tears. Jennifer came closer to Ashton and kissed his forehead.

"I'll never forget you Ashton" she whispered letting her tears flow down. She took Bailey's hand.

"Lets go. Ashton needs to rest. We'll meet him tomorrow" she said taking Bailey and Nate out of the room. But little did Bailey knew that she will never see Ashton again. None of us will.

Next grandma walked to him. Surprisingly she was an emotional mess too. She thanked him for everything he did for their family and walked out wiping her tears.

Pamela and Eleanor went next. It was like everybody was paying theor last goodbye to him. I don't know how I'm feeling because I have never been in this situation but I don't want Ashton to go. At this point I want Ashton to stay even if it costs Cameron to be with him. I love Cameron but I don't want a pure soul like Ashton to go.

"Goodnight Ashton" Pamela spoke. Eleanor was now full on crying and couldn't form words to say to him.

"Good night sweetheart. Stay sexy" he winked. How does he manage to remain so chilled even in this situation?

Everyone has now gone and it was just Ashton, Cameron and me in the room. Miss Irwin and Mr. Joseph left us too.

Cameron's eyes were red and puffy and her tears were not stopping. I was crying too but I can understand how Cameron is feeling right now. She is way worse than me.

She sat beside Ashton on his bed and hugged him. She didn't broke the hug. Ashton was playing with her hair. I know I should be feeling jealous because she is my wife but I'm not. I'm not feeling jealous at all. It's a dying man for God's sake being with a person he loves for the last time. How can I feel jealous.

"Ashton" cameron's voice cracked. "Don't go please" she was now crying loudly.

"I have to" he said smiling.

"All this time we were asking for an angel but I never realised the Angel we were asking for was right in front of me" she said with tears flowing down. "That day when Bailey Nate mom and I were praying to God for an angel to solve our problems we had no idea he would send you so soon. You came into our life the next day" she spoke. "Why are you going so soon?"

"I wish I could stay but I can't." Ashton said letting his few tears fall.

"Thank you for being our angel" Cameron said and was leaning towards him slowly. Oh God she wants to kiss him but I can't stop her.

Ashton suddenly stopped her. He shook his head and kissed her cheek. Suddenly Cameron bursted into tears and ran out. We could hear her loud sobs. I wiped my tears as well. I know she can't bear the pain of seeing Ashton die in front of her eyes.

Now it was just me and Ashton. I walked towards him. His pale face looking at me. His blue dry lips giving me a warm smile. Life was draining out of him and I wish I could just hold him and not let go.

"How are you?" I asked. How stupid can I be?

"Fantastic" he replied laughing.

"Sorry" I muttered. I then held his hands. I don't know how much time he has left but I don't want to waste any second of this.

"Ashton Thanks for being my best guy friend. I'll never forget you" I said crying.

"Hey man. Don't cry. But I have a favour to ask" he asked me. I nodded.

"Promise me you'll keep her happy" he spoke.

"Yes Ashton. Always" I replied. He smiled but this time his smile was weak and painful.

"Ashton are you fine?" I asked panicking when I realised his breath increased.

"Calum you can have Cameron in this life but in next life I'm having her. She's gonna be mine" he said.

My tears made their way out again.

"Say something Calum" Ashton groaned. I nodded and muttered a soft 'yes'.

Ashton's eyes then closed and his chest stopped moving.

"Ashton? Ashton?" I said shaking him. My heart was about to rip out of my chest. He immediately opened his eyes and looked into mine.

"Goodbye Calum"

Were his last words before his eyes were closed for forever. I looked at his lifeless body which still looked calm.

How will I ever repay you Ashton for everything you did for me?

**

A/N - Where are the tissues?