I'm happy

Cameron's pov

Me and mom were in church. None of us were speaking. Just sitting and processing everything that happened. Nobody is here it's just me and mother. it's hard to believe that grandma knows the truth now. I don't blame Ashton because I knew the truth would have come out today or tomorrow it was just about the goddamn time. I'm actually thankful to Ashton but then again when am I not. Mom isn't speaking neither am I. She is just looking straight not even blinking. Her eyes are puffy and cheeks are red. I hate to see her cry. I don't want to pressure her to talk to me. I'm giving her space and patiently waiting for her to speak.

We've been sitting like this for almost twenty minutes when suddenly I felt another presence sitting beside mom. Mom didn't moved but I slightly turned to find grandma sitting with us. I'm waiting for one of them to speak. it's their matter and I hope they solve it. Since the truth is out I'm just praying to god everything comes back to normal.

"He wasn't a bad man" mom said tears making their way down her cheeks.

Grandma held her hand and rubbed her back. She has been crying too since she was told the truth.

"He wasn't a bad man. He just committed a mistake." mom cried. "why did he have to give himself such a big punishment. I would have forgiven him. I loved him" mom spoke.

"I'm so sorry Jennifer. I'm so sorry for everything that I did to you" grandma hugged mom. They both were crying. I couldn't help but join them. No matter how much problems we face, how much we fight, at the end of the day we are one family and I love them to death. Sometimes I do wish dad was here because then all these problems would have been less painful. 

Days went and grandma finally started loving Bailey. 

Bailey's dollhouse was finally complete with her new grandma doll.

She was happy again. All these years she has been craving for the love of her grandmother and she is finally getting it. Grandma no more sees her as a burden but her own grand daughter. 

I don't think we would be able to tell the truth about dad to grandma ever because all these years we were scared that we might make the situation worse but in just one day Ashton did everything. 

I can't thank him enough. I don't know from where he came but he suddenly changed our lives. 

Now we were a big happy family.

two days later

Today Mr. and mrs. Hood have arranged a party in their mansion. They have hired an interior designer from Paris. They said it was an engagement party. I don't know what it is for but Calum told me since we both got engaged his dad wanted to officially announce the wedding in front of their family and business partners. Mr. hood has a huge business and his social life is massive. So it's only fair he throws this huge party where he finally gets to flaunt his son's engagement and his future daughter in law.

Mr. and Mrs. Hood didn't talk about dad's death after that day and grandma was no more worried about them not approving my relationship with their son. We all knew calum was kind of a man who would sacrifice his love if his parents won't approve so maybe that was the reason grandma was not willing to tell the truth to the Hoods. 

We were on our way to the party. Ashton and I are back to normal. He didn't bring up the topic of me having feelings for him and I kept it that way. We are not talking a lot but we don't feel arkward anymore in each other's presence. His family and my family along with Pamela and Eleanor are going to the party together.

Nervous would be an understatement. My heart is beating so fast and there are butterflies in my stomach. I was excited to see Calum but I'm shitting my pants knowing I will be in between so many high class people and all eyes will be on me. I don't wanna mess this up. It's an important day of my life.

When we entered a dance performance started. We thought it would be a professional one for our welcome considering the fact we were betwen rich people but I was so wrong. Some strange dance started and Mr. and Mrs. hood were dancing. My eyes went wide. Bailey and Nate were laughing. It was weird yet funny. Calum came and stood beside me. I heard Ashton's mother whispering to my mom "good luck marrying your daughter here." my mom giggled.

I was having a hard time controlling my laughter. It's not everyday you see two high society people giving a weird dance performance.

"oh my god this is embarressing" Calum muttered looking down. 

Ashton literally has no shame. He was laughing along with Bailey and Nate. 

Finally after 5 minutes the Hood's performance ended. Calum hid his face in his hands. I was too shocked with everything. Nobody clapped. It was dead silent. 

"Thats what I call a bomb performance" Ashton yelled and started clapping followed by everyone.

"why do they have to perform this in every ocassion. someone has to tell them they suck" calum said.

"oh c'mon. they weren't that bad." I told him. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "okay fine they were" I laughed followed by him laughing. 

"well done. That was amazing but now let's put some actual good songs." Ashton spoke. "hey Josh. lift the mood of this party" he yelled.

Eleanor turned around to find Josh with his dj set. She squealed and gave him a flying kiss. I thought she told me he went abroad. Guess he is back. 

Rest of the party was full of drinks, dance and meeting new people. Slowly I was getting comfortable. I met calum's cousins and many relatives but unfortunately I couldn't meet his sister. Apparently Mali lives in Canada and she is pregnant so she can't fly but we will meet her after the wedding. 

Everyone was looking happy. My mom, grandma, my siblings, calum and his family and suprisingly me too. I never thought this day would come in my life but here I'm engaged to the best person in my life and enjoying a party dedicated to me and him. But i couldn't help look at Ashton sometimes. He was obviously smiling laughing and enjoying himself but sometimes I could see pain in his eyes. It was like sometimes he is I don't know maybe faking? I hope his wife forgave him. He is too good of a man to be left alone. 

We all were dancing and celebrating. Everybody was having a great day. Me and Calum were dancing god knows what. We both are terrible dancers but who cares. Nobody's gonna judge us. The music was loud. Eleanor was dancing with Josh. Pamela was flirting with calum's cousins. Mom and miss. Irwin were talking and grandma and her friends were dancing at the corner when suddenly we heard a scream.

Everything got quiet.

The music stopped.

I turned my head.

It was miss Irwin's scream but my face turned pale once I saw her running towards Ashton.

Who was lying on the floor unconscious.

***

A/N- i wrote this chapter in a hurry. Sorry if it sucks.

Btw if you guys want you can check my YouTube channel. It's alex__5sos

I have uploaded trailers of my books (not this one yet) plus I have some imagines and other vedios of 5sos, one direction and magcon.

Go check that out.

Thank you if you are reading.