If it doesn't break your heart, it isn't love

Cameron's pov

"She is my wife"

No no. I heard him wrong. He is joking right? I was waiting for him to say I'm kidding but he never did. I looked at him while he was still admiring the picture. He looked like he was in love. He was smiling and i could tell how much he loved the girl in the picture. Who am i kidding? That's his wife obviously he is in love. My eyes were wet now and I was trying hard not to cry. At least not in front of him. My tears were begging me to let them flow but I couldn't let that happen. At least I don't wanna loose Ashton as a friend by crying.

"Hey Cameron." He interrupted my thoughts. I was avoiding looking at him because I know if he saw my eyes he'll know something is wrong with me.

"I know you must be in shock and it's completely my fault. I talk so much about all non sense but I never told you about my wife. Well her name is Sophia and she is the reason why mom and I came here. It's all because of her" he spoke. I couldn't hear him. I was having trouble breathing. Why did this happen to me?

"Hey look at her isn't she pretty?" He asked me. Holding back my tears was becoming more difficult with every passing second. I just nodded.

"You know I can be rude sometimes. Me and Sophia got into a fight and she left and came here to her parents but I wasn't gonna give up on her because I love her so me and mom followed her. I came here to get her back" he told me.

I took a deep breathe. A part of my heart was still expecting him to say that this is all a big fat lie and he is joking but by this time I've come to this realisation that he is married and loves Sophia.

"Hey Cameron are these flowers for me?" He asked all of a sudden.

"No. These are for Mr. Joseph" I somehow managed to say looking at his grandfather who was standing with miss Irwin. They both had frown on their faces but why? It's not them whose heart has broken. It's not them who fell in love with someone who turned out to be married.

I walked towards Mr. Joseph and handed him the flowers.

"These are for you" my voice cracked. He took them. I bet he noticed my tears.

"Thank you Mr. Joseph for introducing Ashton and his mom to us. They changed our lives" I said when a tear rolled down my cheek. He wipped it.

"Bless you my child" he spoke. I kissed him on the cheek. I should now leave. I made my way towards the door when Ashton's mom spoke.

"Please stay a little longer Cameron"

"I have to go Miss Irwin. I have some important work. I'm sorry" I said and walked fast.

"It's raining. Take an umbrella" Ashton interrupted. I didn't turned back to him because now I was full on crying.

"No I'm fine" I whispered and walked out of their house.

The heavy rain soaked me completely. I heard Ashton calling for me again but after some time he gave up. I never turned back. I went to an alley and sat in the corner. Tears were contionously rolling down my face. Why did I fell for him? I hardly knew him. For once in my life I fell in love with someone and he turned out to be a married man. I cried and cried until my tears stopped. I was probably in this pouring rain for an hour now. The rain made me wet but that's what I like about rain. You can cry and no one will notice. I could physically feel the pain in my heart. I could hear the sound of my heart breaking. So this is what heartbreak feels like. I thought this day was the best day of my life but little did I knew that it would have a terrible ending.

How can I even think that everything will go perfectly fine in my life. Obviously Ashton will love someone as perfect as Sophia. She is so beautiful and I'm just bleh. I don't even know why I was trying hard. If no one liked me in 24 years of my life then how can someone like me all of a sudden after knowing me for 3 weeks. Maybe grandma is right I should go for an arrange marriage.