How to fall out of love?

Ashton's pov

"What happened last time? You got a call and just vanished?" She asked.

"I got a call from my friend calum. He wanted to see me" I told her. We were sitting on my porch. Comfortable silence took over us.

"Hey Sophia how much time do I have?" I asked her. She looked at me in horror.

"Uhh.. Ashton..umm... I..umm" she sluttered.

"Yeah I expected you to make that stupid face." I laughed.

"Shut up Ash" she punched me playfully.

"You can't resist touching me Sophia. I can understand I'm so hot" I said.

"Yeah yeah sure Irwin" she rolled her eyes.

"But on a serious note how much time do I have?" I asked her again.

"Uhh..you..ummm.."

"Again with this sluttering and this stupid face. Does all doctors make this face when they are telling their patients when they gonna die" I laughed.

"Ashton please don't say that." She got serious. "I'm trying everything I can"

"But you know very well no matter how much you try nothing will cure me. You know I'm gonna die soon. You're just trying to buy time" I told her.

"Ashton I don't like when you say things like these" she looked down. Her eyes getting glossy.

"Awww... my best friend is crying for me I'm honoured" I tried to lighten the mood.

"I don't know how you manage to smile like this everyday" she said.

"When you want to keep people around you happy you gotta forget your problems and smile like everything is fine" I replied.

"You love Cameron a lot. Don't you?" she spoke.

"Yeah i do but too bad I can't be with her because what's the use when I'm ultimately gonna leave her" I looked down. "Damn I love her a lot"

Sophia hugged me sideways.

"Never thought I would see you falling in love with someone. It took you 25 years" she said rubbing my back.

"Yeah" I smiled. "Thank you Sophia for being with me always. Love you" I stood up.

"Love you too Ashton" she replied and hugged me.

"See I told you. You can't resist my touch" I said urging her back.

"Yeah Irwin you're so hot what can I do" she laughed.

.

Cameron's pov

They are in love. Why is my house just across his. I could see them talking, laughing and hugging. Sophia is so pretty. It's been 4 days when I went to Ashton's house and since then I have come to this conclusion that I was an idiot. Ashton never knew about my feelings and he didn't need to tell me about his personal life. We weren't that close anyways. I was always rude to him so why would he even tell me he has a wife.

Watching Ashton and Sophia hug made me jealous. Very very jealous. Eleanor was upset too because apparently she confessed her love to Josh but he said he is confused. At least I didn't tell anything to Ashton otherwise it would have been awkward.

Also my little sisiter Bailey said she has a crush on Ashton and she also made an Ashton doll to keep in her doll house. She says Ashton is a part of our family now. Mom is happy again. She has always been since Ashton turned our restaurant into an Indian restaurant. His friends Aman and Rohit joined us and left their previous job.

I'm trying to show everyone that I'm happy but from inside I'm crying. I was breaking and nobody knew. I haven't faced Ashton since that day and neither do I plan to do that anytime soon. I'm trying to get rid of my feelings for him. Today I'm gonna meet Calum since we've been out of touch for these past 3-4 days. I'm embarrassed because he knows I love Ashton and now I have to tell him everything. I can't hide anything from him.

.

"WHAT? Ashton is married? Why didn't he tell me?" Calum was shocked.

"Yeah. I mean it's actually fine even if he didn't tell us. We weren't that close" I said.

"No. He is a good friend of me. I mean we've become close. He should have told me. Anyways how have you been since then?" Calum asked.

"I'm doing fine. I can't really do anything about my feelings now. I mean he is married" I replied "I'll try to get rid of my emotions and maybe be friends with him again"

"You don't wanna give a chance to someone else?" He got serious. I looked into his eyes. I was unable to read his emotions.

"I don't think so Calum." I said.

"Maybe there is someone who loves you but you're being blind towards him" he said. What is he trying to say?

"Maybe there is no one for me. I'll probably end up alone" I huffed.

"I'm always there. I won't let you be alone. You can be with me" he was looking deep into my eyes.

"You are so sweet Calum" I said and tried to ignore how serious he he seemed. He was never like this. What has gotten into him? "My stupid heart fell in love but doesn't know how to fall out of love? But I know I have to."

Calum was staring me as if trying to read my mind.

"Cameron is there any chance you will forget Ashton or your feelings for him anyday?" He asked. Unfortunately I couldn't answer him. Can I ? Because I'm not sure if I will be able to forget Ashton ever.

When he noticed that I wasn't able to give him an answer he didn't question me any further.

.

Ashton's pov

"I can't Ashton. I don't think she will ever love me" Calum spoke. We were on phone and he told me what all he talked to Cameron. He is so innocent who just wants Cameron to love him.
Why is love so complicated?

"Don't say that Cal" I replied.

"I think I have to forget my first love. I can't force her to love me back" he said.

"I won't let you forget your first love. C'mon Calum you are such a good friend and I'm sure you'll be a perfect match for her. You called me and told me how she loves me so without making her feel embaressed I was able to tackle the situation and tell her I'm married. You know my wife would not be happy with Cameron if she finds out. You take care of her even if she doesn't know. If this isn't love then what is?" I said.

"So you think I should try more?" He asked.

"Of course. If your love is true I'm sure she'll be yours. She has to" I spoke. My heart was hurting saying those things but this is the best thing for her and I know Calum will keep her happy.

**

A/N- the story will get little entertaining now 😄

Please vote and comment. I love to get feedbacks.