Chapter 18: Another Revelation

“Would you mind explaining to me why you’re here? I thought you’re in class B?” I asked Mace as he gathered his books.

“That was just a cover up.” Mace laughed.

So he lied?

“So you’re saying that you lied to me before?” I asked him.

“Sort of? But you got to understand that I couldn’t tell anyone before about all this.” Mace said.

“Wow, then I believed you. Clap clap.” I sarcastically said.

“Come on, Lauren. I didn’t mean to lie to you in a bad way.” Mace explained.

So there’s a good and bad lie? Wow.

“Lauren! You coming?” Drew shouted across the door of the classroom, waving.

“You guys go first. Just text me where you are!” I shouted back, waving.

Chace left first from the whole class before Mace could even talk to him. Does Chace hates his cousin or loves him? I don’t know. He doesn’t express much feelings for me to know.

“So would you like to explain now why you’re here and why lie?” I faced Mace with my eyebrows raised up.

“Okay, okay. First, my dad and Chace’s mom are siblings. Second of all, my dad works for Chace’s mom. Third of all, we study in the same school. Still get it?” Mace asked.

“Yeah, I’m still on the same page.”

“My mom’s dead already so I only have my dad. I’m a scholarship student here. Actually, my ranking is next to Chace’s. Before you wonder about why I’m in class B, is because Chace hates my guts. We’re always being compared.” Mace explained.

“But he’s higher than you?” I said.

“I’m just a scholarship student and Chace has all the money in the world. In the exam, Chace got 98% correct while I got 97.5% correct. Chace’s mom gave Chace all the lessons in cooking plus private tutor with his mom while I just practiced at home and studied at libraries and stuff. In short, Chace should have a big difference with me in terms of ranking but they underestimated me.” Mace explained.

“But does Chace hate you?” I finally asked.

“That, I don’t know. I can’t read the dude’s mind.” Mace said.

Even his cousin doesn’t get him, I wonder about Drew and Blake.

“Anyways, since Chace hated to be compared to anyone, he made a special request that I’d go a lower class so that he could concentrate in studying and since he had all the money in the world, he could do that. But take note, his mom doesn’t know about this.” Mace explained as we walked out of the classroom to the cafeteria.

“His mom doesn’t know this? Why?” I asked.

“If his mom knew about this, his mom will automatically transfer me into the class A. His mom wants Chace to be competitive since we all know how Chace hates baking. He says he has no reason to love it.” Mace said.

“Wait, then why are you in class A? Chace’s mom knows it already?” I asked.

“Yeah, she found out when you guys went on the fieldtrip.” Mace smiled.

“Oh, so that’s why. Wait, is he even finding the reason to love baking?!” I asked.

“I think so. Maybe a girlfriend would be the key.” Then Mace waved goodbye and I went to the table where Drew, Blake and Desiree were seated.

“Hey, that’s Chace’s cousin right?” Drew asked as he ate his pepperoni salad.

“Yeah, you know him?” I asked.

“Kind of, Chace use to talk about him to us. You know, high school years.” Drew answered.

“He looks cute.” Desiree said.

“Who wants more food?” Drew shouted.

“Jelly mode.” Blake said as he ate his burger.

“Des, can you go with me to buy food? I’m really starving.” I said poking her.

“Oh, sure. Come on.” She left her pizza and went with me.

“So, did you find out about why Mace’s in our class?” Des asked me.

“Yeah, he told me. What a good liar that guy is.” I said.

“Well, he’ll be in my group right?” Desiree asked.

“Yeah, why ask?” I asked her.

“I can’t stand cooking with those two blondies you know.” Desiree said as I took a tray and find something to eat.

“Why? So immature?” I asked.

“Immature and irritating.” Desiree said. “ I can’t wait for the third quarter’s exam. I can’t wait to be with you guys.” 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I might not upload tomorrow because of writer's block. :)

Really really sorry! :( Please still read it and just be patient with me.:)