Chapter 40: Frenemenies to Best Friends

“Where are we going?” I kept asking as I walk the roads.

It was already night time when we went out of the mall and I had no idea where he was taking me since he blindfolded me.

“Somewhere you’ll surely like.” Chace whispered in my ears which gave me a tingling feeling.

We kept on walking for the past ten minutes until we stopped. I felt myself go up a few stairs and I heard a door click open. We went inside then went in an elevator because we stopped and I felt we suddenly are going up. We stopped on a floor and we kept walking again until we stopped. Chace rang the door bell and when the door opened, Chace took off the blindfold.

I gasped at the person in front of me.

“Lauren!” Aunt Gemi shouted and she immediately hugged me so tight! She hasn’t change one bit since the months I’ve been away and I felt myself wanting to cry because I really missed her so much.

“I miss you, Aunt Gemi!” I cried and buried myself in her shoulders, for once, I felt calm and not worrying about anything. I missed my family. Aunt Gemi finally let go of me and told us to go inside because we had dinner.

I turned to Chace, “Did you plan this?”

“What do you think then? I told your aunt that you miss her and that I would like to plan you a surprise visit here. She agreed and told me to stay here with you for dinner.” He smiled while looking around the house.

“How did you know aunt Gemi lived here? And how did you know her?”

“I overheard you and Blake talking about her and you even told him where you lived so that.”

“Can’t recall.” I scratched my head.

“Because you’re old.” Chace chuckled.

I made a sarcastic smile and headed for the living room and sat on the couch. Chace followed then we turned the television on.

After a few minutes, Aunt Gemi called us for dinner. We turned off the television then headed to the dining table. Aunt Gemi served both Chace and I spaghetti and poured on our cup some red wine. After that, she proceeded to her room and took out her camera.

“Say cheese.” Aunt Gemi winked at me. Maybe because I bought home a hot guy or what.

At first, it was really embarrassing. But Chace then smiled so did I too.

Aunt Gemi took almost a hundred pictures. Okay, that’s exaggerating but I think you get the picture. After a while, we were left alone.

“Why did you suddenly thought about this?” I asked while twirling my spaghetti.

Chace drew a sighed then answered, “I know you’re tired and stressed from the tournament. And for once, I know you would like to feel home. You know, no worries and such.”

He thought of me. It made me smile how cute he was by doing all this for me.

“Thank you, Chace.” I smiled in tears of joy.

“Why are you crying?” Chace reached out his hand to my eyes and wipe away my tears.

“I’m so happy that I have a friend like you.”

“So am I.” Chace continued wiping the tears away.

I took a bite of my spaghetti and continued the conversation, “Have you thought about what to cook for tomorrow?”

Chace also took a bite and sip his red wine then replied, “I’m professional, I don’t need to think.”

“You’re so full of yourself.” I kicked his legs underneath the table.