Run for cover- L.S.

Word count: 1217
While writing this OS I listened to Run for cover by The Killers (video above). Also I recommend listening to it because, I think, it helps you to understand my writing in this OS.
Please leave a comment if you liked this OS

The Canadian and you have been in a relationship for about 2 and a half years. Sure you two fight but  normally it wasn't a big one. Today was different you heard an audio on your boyfriends phone and all you wanted to do was to run away.

There was a female speaking about their "amazing" time before the race and about a kiss. You were definitely shocked because Lance isn't the guy who cheats but now it looks like you thought wrong. He went behind your back and it felt awful but you wondered why he didn't tell you. Now Lance is out for a run so you decide to pack your things and then to leave your apartment. You didn't know what to do, was it right? Because you can't just leave if something gets hard, you fight for it.

You only packed clothes for a couple of days because you took your back pack. Where should you go? You thought. So decide to go to one of your friends for the upcoming days. Lance should be home soon so you start to hurry. You put some shoes on, put the apartment keys on the table and left.

You start running to your friends because you don't want to get caught by someone you know, one of the neighbors. After running 10 minutes you have finally arrived at your friends house. You start knocking at her door and you could hear someone waking towards the door. Your best friend opens it.

"Y/N what are you doing heat? You are all sweaty! What is going on?" She asked. She was shocked you could see it on her face. Your face was red because of the crying and running. "He.." you started the sentence but you couldn't end it.  "Come in." She says calmly so you came inside and walked over to the sofas.
"Do you want something to drink and to eat?" Your best friend Leslie asks. "Only a glass of water." You answer her. Some minutes later you were lying on her sofa with changed clothes. "Tell me Y/N, what is going on." She asks you. "Lace was out for a run and he got a new message by a girl. You now that I'm normally not the type who goes through someone's phone but it was an audio so I decided to listen to it. A female was speaking, she said that they had an amazing time before the race. Also she talked about a kiss. Then I packed some of my stuff and went to you." You tell Leslie the whole story. "You ran for cover." She said and you just nod. "Oh man. So you think that he cheated right?" She asks you. "Yes!" You say angrily. "I mean what would you think. Some weeks ago he called a girl and he didn't want to tell me who it was, he might said "bye babe!" but I'm not sure." You finish your sentence. "Okay this doesn't sound good." Leslie sights. "What do you say if he calls you?" She asks. "I don't know, I blocked him." You say. "And if he comes hear please don't tell him that I'm here!" You tell her and she accepts it. You two talk about your situation a couple of hours but you didn't hear anything from Lance and you wondered why but also you didn't mind.

It's late in the evening when you two decide to go to sleep. "Sleep well."You tell each other. The night you didn't sleep well it is all too much for you, all the stress and all the secrets Lance kept. You are hoping that you made a mistake and got it all wrong but why did she talk about a kiss , you asked yourself.

The next morning you hear some voices speaking loudly. "Lance believe me she is not here and I don't know where she is." Your best friend Leslie is screaming. „Don't lie to me Leslie! I don't believe you! You are always the first Y/N tells something." Lance said raising his voice. You are standing in the corridor to hear their argument better. "Please Lance leave, I will call you if I hear something from her!" She tells him. "But what should I do now?" He asks her. "I need to fly to Italy in a couple of hours." He adds. "I don't know, I don't even know what is going on." She says and closes the door. You hear Leslie walking upstairs and she sees you standing outside. "Did you hear everything?" She asks.
"Yes I did." You answer her. "He leaves today for Italy so I will go home and pick up some more stuff. I will pack my suitcase and then I will fly somewhere. I don't know where but I'll find something." You tell her. "Okay fine." She says. "I will go with you to your apartment and then I'm going to drive you to the airport. Okay?" She says. "Yes Thank you, you are the best Leslie!!" You thank her.

The two of you are making breakfast and after eating you decide to do a pool day. Leslie and you talk about the latest gossip, books and movies. Reading was always a big passion of you and Leslie. You met at a signing session of your favorite author Rainbow Rowell and you stayed friends. Also you two were playing some volleyball in the pool. It was a fun day you really enjoyed it.

It was 7 pm when you decide to drive back home to pack your suitcase. As expected no one was home. There was only a small letter on the table "Y/N please don't leave me, I love you. Please call me, I am worried. Lance" was written on it and you started laughing. "Why are you laughing?" Leslie asks you. "He wrote that he loves me. What a joke!" You answer her and she only nods.
30 minutes later you were ready to leave the house. You had everything you need: phone, passport, clothes and some money. "Now we are driving to the airport?" Your best friend asks you. "Yes." You tell her.

"Please keep me updated and write me where you are. I will miss you." She says and starts to cry. "I will miss you two." You say and hug her. You start waking to the ticket shop and ask the cashier where the next destinations are going to. She tells you that they have flights going to Mexico, Finnland, America, New Zealand and Bali. You decide to fly to Denmark because this is a destination no one expects you to be there. The flight took three hours and it was alright. In Denmark you took a bus to the city center of Copenhagen. While sitting in the bus you booked a hotel room and already checked in.

The next morning you lend a car and drove into the woods because there are some cottages. In the wood you booked a cottage for a week. It was a cute blue one with a pink door, it looked so cute. You texted your friend Leslie that you are good and that you are not going to use your phone the next days.