Chapter 16

Philip and I enjoyed being at my parent's house because we got more time to sleep in this morning. I looked at the clock by my side of the bed and it said 10:25 am. I started to freak out. I wasn't hearing Ellie crying. I saw a note on the night stand and I grabbed it and read it.

It said:

Hey Phil and Robin! We understand that yesterday was a long day and we knew that you needed your rest for today, so we have been taking care of your kids. There is no need to worry.

Love,

Mom and Dad

Reading that note made me feel so much better.

Philip already woke up and he said, "You are finally awake."

I just laughed and asked, "Well, have you bothered to check on your children?"

He said to me, "Nope. I totally forgot."

He started to get up and I said, "You don't need to worry. My parents have that covered."

We did what we always do on relaxed mornings, spend 5 minutes snuggled up.

After our snuggle time, I got up and went to our bathroom to start getting ready today. I started by doing my skin care, brushing my teeth and then straight into my makeup. I took me a little longer today because I made sure that I looked good. 

Once my makeup was done, I moved on to my hair and then I got changed. I wore a maroon dress with a white cardigan and a pair of tan booties.

Once I was ready, I walked down stairs and saw my mom with Ellie.

My mom said as she gave me a hug, "Hi Robin! How are you?"

We pulled away from each other as I said, "I'm doing good."

She handed Ellie back to me as my mom asked, "So, how are you feeling?"

I said, "I am feeling a lot better than the last time you saw me."

She said, "That is good."

I asked, "Do you need help with anything?"

She said, "Not at the moment. I am just waiting on your sisters to get here because they are bringing everything else. Do you have the rolls by any chance?"

I said, "Oh my goodness. I can't believe I forgot them."

She said, "It's fine. I will send your dad out to get them."

At that moment, my dad walked in.

My mom said, "Hey Jim, you need to run to the store and get rolls."

My dad said, "Yeah", and then he left. 

My mom and I kept having small talk and then Philip came down stairs.

I said, "Hey honey!"

Philip said, "Hi", and then we kissed.

My mom said, "You guys are too sweet together!"

I started to smile and I said, "Maybe he is."

Philip asked, "Where is Jim at?"

I said, "He just left to go get rolls."

He said, "Ok. I am going to go start the turkey."

I said, "Ok."

Philip walked outside as one of my older sisters, Cindi walked in. 

Cindi approached me for a hug and said very excitedly, "Robin! You are here!"

I said, "I'm here!"