Chapter 12

I was in bed thinking that I was going to get a little bit of extra sleep, but was I wrong. I heard Ellie start to cry. I took a deep breath, pulled the cover off of me, got out of bed and walked into Ellie's nursery. 

I said, "Good morning pretty girl", and then I got her out of her crib.

I changed her diaper and walked downstairs into the kitchen. I started to make breakfast and Ellie's bottle. 

I started to put breakfast on the table as Philip came into the kitchen and said, "Good morning baby!"

I said, "Good morning", and then we exchanged a kiss.

He asked, "What are you up to today?"

I said, "Well, I have to pack for Ellie and myself for Oklahoma and getting stuff ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow."

He said, "Well, I got a call from the studio and they need me to come in today. I'm sorry, but I hope I don't work all day. Bye! I love you!"

I said, "Bye! I love you too", and then we exchanged a kiss.

I was going to be home with all three kids today. Jay came down stairs and I slid over a plate to him across the kitchen island.

I said, "Good morning Jay!"

Jay said, "Good morning!"

I asked, "Can you watch Ellie so I can check on Jordan?"

He said, "Yeah!"

I brought the bouncing rocking bed over by Jay and said, "Thank you! I should be back in a minute."

I laid Ellie down in the bouncing rocking bed and went upstairs to Jordan's room.

I knocked on the door and asked, "Jordan, can I come in?"

Jordan said, "Sure."

I said, "Hey bud! How are you feeling?"

He said, "Good."

I asked, "Are you hungry for breakfast?"

He said, "No."

I said, "Well, I will be coming up here later today to pack your bag for Oklahoma."

He said, "Ok."

I said, "If you need anything just let me know."

He said, "I will."

I shut his door and walked back downstairs into the kitchen.

I said, "Thank you for watching her Jay!"

Jay said, "No problem!"

I said, "You need to pack your bag for Oklahoma tonight. Make sure you have a duffel bag with a change of clothes, pajamas, and anything you need for night time."

He asked, "Why?"

I said, "Because we are going to have to stop, so I don't want to bring all of the suitcases up, so everyone will pack a duffel bag."

He said, "Ok."

I got Ellie out of the bouncing rocking chair and went upstairs into her nursery. I changed her diaper and changed her into something that wasn't her pajamas. 

I laid her down in her crib for her morning nap and shut the door quietly. 

I walked into our bedroom and started to get ready for the day while Ellie was napping. I put on a little bit of makeup, changed into some leggings and a loose fitted shirt, and I brushed my hair.

I left our bedroom and I went up to our attic to grab the suitcases for our trip to Oklahoma. I rolled my suitcase down to my bedroom. I threw it on top of our bed and I opened it up. I started to get everything I would need for our trip for my suitcase: pajamas, a nicer outfit for Thanksgiving, a pair of jeans, 3 pairs of leggings, a sweater, 3 loose tops, a pair of booties, a pair of nicer sandals and some of my toiletries. I was already getting overwhelmed.