Chapter Fourteen

Raffy felt so sad when he sees Charmaine's IG post, but he prefers to give Athena the benefit of the doubt. He has to admit that Charmaine does not mean to give any harm to Athena and to him because she does not know that he and her sister are already in a relationship. This is one of those things that he gets bothered with. He does not know how his bestfriend would react once she learned his relationship with her sister.

He never thought that Athena would request to keep their relationship between the two of them only for the meantime. And he has no choice but to respect it. He could not afford to loose Athena so he will do whatever it is that would make her happy and comfortable. If keeping their togetherness a secret would make his Athena happy then he would wholeheaterdly oblige.

He is aware that he has to be very careful with his nineteen year old Athena. She is a precious princess in the Reyes household and he does not want her to choke with their relationship since it happens really very fast. He has to handle her slowly and carefully as he does not sees himself to be with anyone else but her alone for the rest of his life.

The reaction of Athena's parents once they learned that he suddenly showed in Athena's apartment and quickly they became a couple, all together in the same night also worries him. Though they already know his feelings for his daughter, he still considers his intrusion to Athena in Germany a betrayal. He should have given some courtesy to his Tito Richard and Tita Dei by letting them know what is happening since they indeed trusted him so much.

He blames it to the jealousy that he felt when he saw those IG posts of Athena and her friends. He was not able to think straight that time. First time ever in his life that he gets thoughtless. He was not in his right frame of mind when he argued with his Dad about docking in London even it was not part of their route.

After his talk with Athena earlier, he realized how much he misses the second princess of the Reyes Family. He wants to run to where she is regardless if she is with her family or not. His insecurity is eating him a bit at the moment. He find that guy who was with his Athena in the IG post as a good catch to whoever would he be smitten with.

He was expecting that she will mention even just for the sake of letting him know that the IG post of her sister does not mean anything for her. Though his expectation was not met he decided to just let it pass as he thinks that it meant nothing at all that's why she did not bother to discuss it with him.

To lessen his anxiety he prefers to go around Zurich earlier than his plan. He'll buy those chocolates that Athena has asked him. He knows how much she loves chocolates. Eventhough, he does not want to buy as many as the two bags she requested, he can't help but to give in and spoil her majesty.

While rooming around the place to look for those different kinds of chocolates Raffy passed by a famous jewelry store in Zurich. He smiles widely as he sees different engagement and wedding rings displayed in the store's show room. Certain energy urges him to go inside the store and he did.

Inside, he marvels with different kinds of jewelries that every woman would say worth droolings. He starts to look around and choose to find a jewelry that he thinks would fit his Athena.

He bought simple heart earrings that catch his attention and one of the rings that were displayed which never leaves his mind from the time he saw it. And it seems that destiny is working on his favor because the size of the ring is the size of Athena's ring finger.

While he waits for the jewelry to be settled, he can't help but smile recalling how he was able to know Athena's ring finger size. It was during his birthday when Charmaine forgot their yearly tradition of going to mass together. He was sad then but happier as the situation leads him to be with Athena on his special day.

"I guess Charmaine forgot" he recalls saying to Athena

"Maybe you should wait a little longer, I'm sure she did not forget. Baka nahirapan lang talaga si Ate na mamili ng isusuot nya sa blessing ng Ellen's Tagaytay" Athena said

"I'll be late sa mass" Raffy replied.

"Sandali lang, wait at least ten minutes more" Athena said.

"Alright" Raffy replied.

Athena excused herself for a while and when she came back she was dressed to leave. "Will it be alright if I go with you inbehalf of Ate?" she asked

Raffy's heart races to the point that he felt difficulty in breathing.  For him that statement of Athena is the best gift he ever received for all the birthdays that he ever have.

"I know it is Ate that you want to be with on your special day ..." Athena said

"I would love to spend my birthday with you Athena" Raffy quickly replied before Athena could finish her sentence.

Best birthday ever for Raffy as he gets to spend it with the girl he dreams of having. He was glad that she agrees to go with him for a snack. They talked about different things and their conversation confirms how deep of a person Athena is like her sister Charmaine. The tough girl he was with also has a very good but strong heart and that makes him love her even more.

"Can we pass by the jewelry store? A few walks away from here lang naman" Athena asked

"Wow ang sarap mo namang magregalo. You don't have to buy me a watch but if you will insist ok lang naman" Raffy kids

"Of course not, hindi ko kaya ang presyo ng mga signature watches mo. Ewan ko ba sa inyo ni Ate, ang hilig nyo sa watches eh pare-pareho lang naman ang oras na meron yun" Athena protested.

"Hindi ka lang mahilig sa watch, your jewelries cost much too" he said

"Mommy ko lang naman ang bumibili ng mga ito" Athena said and hold on to her star shaped earrings.

"Ano namang ang gagawin natin sa jewelry store?" he asked her

"Kukunin ko yung ipinagawa kong charm para sa Pandora bracelet na binigay ni Mommy" Athena replied.

Since the jewelry store was a few blocks away from the restaurant Athena suggested to walk and Raffy gladly agreed as it will lengthen his moment with his special girl. The store clerk asked them to wait for a while and while waiting Athena take time to look around and enjoy the sight of the displayed jewelries.

"Ang ganda naman ng mga engagement rings dito" she said while Raffy contendedly stood behind her while she fascinates herself on the jewelries.

"Go ahead and try one" he said. Athena looks at him curiously

"At least you would know which engagement ring would look good in your fingers" he said

"I don't need to do that" Athena objected.

"Sige na katuwaaan lang while we are waiting, choose one and let's see kung bagay sa yo" Raffy insisted and Athena hesitantly gave in. She chose a simple diamond ring and tried it on.

"Ngek, maluwag sa daliri ko" Athena said laughing.

"Size six po kasi yang ring ma'am, mukhang size five po ang daliri nyo" the sales lady said

"Oo nga size five ako" Athena agrees.

"Mabuti alam mo ang size ng ring mo?" he asked

"Nung wedding ng Daddy at Mommy ko, Dad gifted us a set of jewelry na pareho-pareho kami ng Mommy at Ate ko" she replied. "Miss pakibalik na nga itong ring, sinukat ko lang naman kung bagay sa akin eh since maluwag, siguro it is not yet time for me to wear one" she said

From then on Raffy sticks to his mind Athena's ring finger size because he claims that he would need that in the future and he was right, he was able to use it now.

He was in that state of recollection when he saw someone he knows came in the store.

"Tito Richard?" he nervously said.

*************************
OMG 😱😱😱😱😲😲😲😲

Sabi na nga kasi ni Athena wag kang pakalat kalat sa Zurich eh. 😧😧😧😧

Thank you so much for the reads and votes 🤗😚🤗😚🤗😚