t w o

Jiyeon went back to their table with her usual smiley face but it cannot deceive Jiae and Yein. They know her too well that she is hiding her true expression behind a mask. A very thick mask, which Jiyeon will never reveal to the world.

Jiae took their lunch and grabs Jiyeon's wrist and brings her somewhere else. Yein follows them from behind quietly. Jiae stops her track at the school's fountain and make Jiyeon to sit on the bench. She kneels down in front of her little sister before checking her face.

"Jiyeon-ah, are you alright?" Jiae asks slowly. She can see how Jiyeon is trembling. Sure, she must be scared. What people think of her and what is really happening are totally different. Jiyeon is the complete opposite of what people thought of.

People thought she is a man-hater,

but in fact,

she is an androphobic.

Jiyeon fears men. She is afraid of them. Even when Kihyun called out her name, her racing heartbeat went faster and sweats are already forming on her forehead. Jiyeon has suffered from this phobia since she was a child, years of going through the same thing, she creates a mask to protect herself from men.

- to be stronger than anyone else.

Her family also don't know how she got this phobia but based on her dreams, it was probably her life before she lost her memories. She became afraid of men and thought that they will hurt her unreasonably. Like the man in her dream.

The worst case possible is that she might faint from being too scared or in panic. That's why they always stick together to prevent such a thing to happen.

Jiyeon nods her head but inside, she is crying. She is crying senselessly, her heart feels heavy and she is upset over herself. Why does she need to bear this pain and horror? It is unbearable to go through it everyday. Jiyeon also couldn't sleep sometimes, she kept on thinking about the man who hurt her in the dream.

"Aish, pabo-ya, you can lie to other people but don't think you can lie to me" Jiae utter as she pulls Jiyeon into a hug. Yein who watches from the side also joins in the hug. She may doesn't understand Jiyeon's pains but she wants to heal it. Her heart bleeds by seeing Jiyeon's sufferings.

"I only hope to live a day without feeling afraid, free from my worries, but it seems so hard to be true" Jiyeon says slowly, she is still not letting go of Jiae. "You will, Jiyeon-ah. Believe in yourself" Jiae says as she pats Jiyeon's head.

"Unni..."

"Hmm?"

"Your stomach is growling" Yein exclaims while pointing to Jiae's stomach. The oldest unni blushes when Yein said it out loud, earning glances from students who are passing by. "wth shut up! I'm not!" Jiae says, covering her face.

"Eyy unni, I could CLEARLY heard it!" Yein says teasingly before the two begin to chase on each other. Jiyeon looks at them in confusion but soon let her laughters being heard. Yeah, she has them. Her beloved siblings.

One day, she will be freed from this illness.

-

"Omma is so late today..." Yein says as she looks to the night sky. They are now in Jiae's room, studying together as it is their daily routine and now they are on 10-minute break.

"Yeah, and she hasn't call neither text us anything" Jiyeon says as she covers her lap with blanket. "I'm getting worried...what if something happens to omma?" Yein asks, a tint of fear could be seen in her eyes. Jiae reacts quickly by throwing a pen to Yein. "Aish, omma is probably busy!" Jiae exclaims.