Chapter 16: The Truth

Dylan's POV:

I made breakfast in bed for Sam. When I slightly opened the door I heard her talking on the phone.

"Hon, I'll be home..."

"Yup, I miss you too Samuel."

"I love you so much. I'll be home soon."

Then, she ended the phone call. My heart was going crazy. The things that I want to hear again from her was not directed to me but to another man, Samuel.

How cruel is the world for me? I suffered so long when she was gone. However, she found love and seems to be happy by the sound of her voice.

After a few minutes, I have the courage to open the door. We are both surprised as we see each other.

Sam saw me holding a tray with a breakfast meal that I cooked and delivered just only for her.

On the other hand, I saw her dressed up. She used my long sleeves and turned it as a dress and paired with the heels that she used last night. She tied her hair in messy bun. No make-up but she looks stunning.

I have a mixed of emotions: astonished by how she looks beautiful; and downhearted because she wants to leave me again

"Dylan, I borrowed your clothes and I ahmm..." Sam talked but she cannot say what she want to say. I placed the tray on the bed.

"You're leaving? I left you here because I made a breakfast for you. But, you have decided to leave me?" I asked and my tears are starting to fall.

"Dylan, look. I cannot stay here. I have to go home." Sam said.

My heart felt like that something pierced through it. She called another place 'home' and not with me. I have her only in my heart but she have someone in her heart now. It is not me, I am sure of that.

"Okay, I agree. But will you please eat what I have cooked for you. This will be my last request. I will not try to bother you again." I tried to smile but it is hard that she will leave after this.

I thought at first that I will fight for us until the end. However, you need to give up the fight when you don't have a chance to win.

Maybe, we met again because I need a closure to move on with my life.

"Thank you Dylan." She looks sad. Maybe she pitied my feelings for her.

She ate the food slowly and I just look at her. I tried memorizing her physical features and gestures. Something I will remember forever. My first and last love that got away again.

I am too busy looking at her that I did not realize that she's done eating.

"Thank you Dylan. The meal was delicious." She smiled at me.