Chapter 9: The Jealousy

I really want to see and talk to Dylan. Since he left three days ago, the yearning for him keeps growing.

I did everything to forget Dylan for the past days. After resigning in Cory's coffee shop because of the incident at the restaurant, I focused on taking care of my siblings when they go home after school. I did every chores in the house but it is no help. He is still on my mind and heart.

When I am doing the laundry, I found the business card that Jessy gave me. Then I realized, maybe this will help me to release my worries so I called her.

"Hello, is this Jessy?" I asked.

"Yes, speaking. Who is on the line?" she asked politely.

"Ahm. This is Samantha, the customer who wore..." I was cut from talking by Jessy.

"Oh yes! The red hair gorgeous lady who wore the low back backless evening gown, I remember you. Why do you called? Have you decided to become my model?" She talks nonstop but I am happy because she remembers me.

"Yeah, I think I want to take your offer." I told her.

"My dear, you are a blessing to my business. See you tonight for the rehearsal for tomorrow's fashion show." she said.

"Okay. Thanks. See you later." I replied and ended the call.

---

When I am at the rehearsal place, I never thought that the event was this big. There are hundreds of seats around the catwalk. Why did I agree to this? I feel nervous to be on the stage and be seen by many people.

I look for Jessy and I walk towards her. "Jessy, I think I am not suitable for this place. This is too much for me. I can't even walk with high heels." I told her because I feel insecure of how the models look like. They also have modelling experience unlike me.

"It's okay my dear. I will help you. Come." She said and I followed her.

We are inside a big room. She retrieved a high heels from her bag and offered it to me. "This is for you." she said.

"But this is too expensive. I can't accept this." I told her when I saw the premium brand of the shoes she gave me.

"Take this. Think it of as a gift from a family member. When I first saw you my dear, I feel happy because I see my daughter in you. I think you'll be good friends but sadly she died years ago. I really want you to have it. Please?" she said.

I hugged her because I also feel the same when I saw her. Her motherly tenderness resembles my mother. "Okay, thank you." I told her and she hugged me back while she cries. I just comforted her until she stops crying.

Unfortunately, Jessy's husband died when her daughter is still a baby. Then, her daughter died because of cancer. She has no one to rely on because all of her loved ones died. After her daughter's death, she devoted all of her time managing her business.

Because she let me know her story, I feel comfortable talking to her so I told her why did I accept her offer, so I could not think about Dylan more. I asked her why he is not calling.

Jessy told me that I should try to make efforts for him so the relationship will last. Sometimes, men wants to feel the love and effort of their partner. For our relationship to work there must be a give and take for both sides.