25 ♫ being okay

♫ Demi

♫ Present

"The girls are eating dinner.." Eddie explained softly as we stood outside. "Not Rory, she fell asleep and I thought maybe it was better that she was asleep."

"Yeah it is." I agreed as I rubbed my forehead and he gave me a questioning look.

"You don't need to be so stressed out.." He whispered softly and I looked up at him with a sigh. 

"I think I have a lot to be stressed about, Eddie." I replied back as I looked at him with a sigh. "When I mean a lot, I mean it is too much." 

"Wrong choice of words." Eddie agreed as he brought me into a strong hug and I heard him sigh. "Make sure you get some sleep tonight." We pulled apart and I nodded to that as a yawn escaped my mouth. "See you later." I watched him get into his car and drove away into the darkness. I walked inside quietly and saw Rory asleep then my eyes gazed to Maddie who looked up at me. I closed the door and walked in more then looked over at Noah who was busy tucking in to her dinner to notice me.

"Hi." I whispered softly as I sat at the table with them and Maddie tried to smile but I knew it was hard to. Noah looked at me with a sigh and went back to eating. "Dallas had a seizure tonight." Maddie's eyes widen as I fiddled with the table cloth. Noah looked back up at me with a concern look and I explained further. "It seems to be because of the traumatic brain trauma.. They don't seem to know if she will have it forever or it will go away in time when the brain heals."

"I sure hope she will be okay." Maddie whispered sadly as she took a sip of her water and my attention went down at my dinner plate that was already filled with food but I couldn't bring myself to eat.

"There is management for it.." Noah chimed in softly and I looked over at her. "I know she could take tablets to lessen whatever could trigger them."

"Really?" I whispered shocked that the doctor didn't even think to mention that to us. "The doctor seemed to not know anything when I confronted him."

"It almost seems like he probably wasn't expecting Dallas to suffer from seizures." Maddie stated gently then took a bite of her dinner. I shrugged my shoulders not really knowing how to add to that. I finished eating and so did the girls in silence. I looked around then decided to grab the dishes and placed them in the dish washer as the silence filled the house. "Sophia.." I turned around and looked at Maddie. "We don't have to rush this, do we?"

"But I don't want her to suffer, Maddie." I admitted softly and tears filled her eyes as Noah rubbed Maddie's shoulder.

"So that's it?" A voice suddenly was heard and our attention went to Rory who looked at me tearfully. "You are pulling the plug just before she even gets that chance to survive."

"We can hope all we can, Row but this time hope won't change anything about this sucky situation." I explained gently as I got up to embrace her but she put her hand out to stop me.

"Why is that?" She crossed her arms with a glare at me and I sighed. "I want them to scan her brain again." She uncrossed her arms, grabbed her jacket and iPhone. I followed her as she stormed out and I grabbed her before she got out of the gate. 

"Now stop right there and tell me how getting her brain scanned AGAIN will change the results?" I whispered quickly as she still faced away from me and the girls came out too. "How will her brain pick up activity from having zero activity? She is dead!"

"No she isn't!" Rory screamed then her voice echoed in the silent street and a few birds flew away. She turned around and took a swing at me but I grabbed her arm with my other hand. "You stupid cow."