23 ♫ falling apart

♫ Demi

♫ Present

"You know she wrecked her room.." I whispered after a long time of us just sitting outside enjoying the sunset. Britney looked at me with shock and I nodded. "Yeah.. That's how peed off she is with me."

"Was it Demi Lovato covered?" Britney joked but I nodded and her laugh suddenly stopped. "Oh, that explains why then."

"I should've been honest with both of them before someone else was." I whispered as I took a bite of the chicken wrap that Britney brought me. "I just thought the threat wasn't serious.. Dallas told me time after time repeatedly that I should tell the truth because even she knew how serious the threat was."

"Yeah maybe you are right." Britney sighed as she grabbed a chip from the small bowl we were sharing. "So what is the point of this self talk?"

"The point is that one daughter is going to die tomorrow and the other one hates my guts.." I whispered softly as I placed my mostly eaten wrap back onto the plate with a sigh. "She probably wishes it was me dead and not her big sister."

"Hey come on, Demi!" Britney sighed annoyed. "No one thinks that.. No one would wish that on someone.."

"It depends doesn't it?" I whispered again feeling really depressed as I took a sip of my water. "Cora wanted to hurt my family but I don't know why and it's killing me not knowing what I had done to her."

"She is just a very, very jealous little girl who got jealous of everybody else especially Rory since Rory grew faster fan bases than she did." Britney explained then my phone rang and I quickly answered.

"Hello?"

"Demi, she is starting to wake up!" Mama explained through the phone before hanging up and I looked at Britney.

"Dallas is waking up." I explained to Britney as I stood up and placed our rubbish into the bin then rushed into the hospital to go see my big sister. I ran into her room and saw Dallas looked scared. "Dally doo!" I greeted her and she looked at me.

"Where's Sophia?" She croaked out with a scared tone and mama looked at me then we both looked at Dallas. "Is she going to be okay? I tried to keep my car from colliding into..." She suddenly placed her hands onto her head and screamed. I quickly ran to her aid as she freaked out and a nurse ran in. She inserted something into Dallas' IV and I stared at the nurse who then looked at me.

"It's just a sedative to calm her down and to reduce the memories so they aren't so vivid." She explained gently as Dallas calmed down but was still silently crying into my arm. I nodded and she left us alone again.

"Sophia.." Dallas whispered as she leaned back onto the pillows and looked at me with sad eyes. "We were trying to get there before your duet with Rory but we were too late."

"Too late?" I whispered as I stroked her brown hair and tucked it behind her ear.

"That person texted us.. I can't remember but I knew we had to get there to stop the truth from being exposed.." My mouth dropped opened as Dallas looked at our mama. "Mama.." She put her hand out for her and mama grabbed her hand gently.

"Hi baby girl." She greeted Dallas and I stepped out really angry because I knew now that Cora was involved in this. One fourteen year old can cause so much chaos. I dialed the police that were involved in investigating the incident and I told them what Dallas told me.

♫ Rory

I was wrapped in Noah's arms for a few hours now in silence then Eddie got a call from grandma who said Dallas has woken up but he said he wanted to stay here with us so we weren't alone. "You can go." I whispered as soon as he hung up and he looked at me. "Maddie and I will be fine.. Noah is here."