The next one though, is rose gold. It has an oval stone with small stones going around it, and stones going down the side.

It's beautiful.

"It's perfect!" Annalise says, excited. "Do you like it, Nathan?" She asks.

"Yeah, that one is really pretty. How much is it?"

"It's four thousand, four hundred and thirty." She says. "American dollars, I think. Is there tax?"

"I'm not sure but I have enough saved. I don't know her ring size though."

"We'll figure it out." Uncle Ryan says. "If we get everyone else in on it, we can discreetly find her ring size."

I nod in agreement.

"She can't find out though." I say.

"She won't." Annalise says. "Now how will you propose?"

"What about that place with locks?" I ask. Annalise gasps loudly.

"The love lock bridge was taken down." Josh says quietly.

"What?" Annalise asks. "No! When?"

"A few years ago." He says.

"Why can't we toss the lock in the river?" I ask.

"I mean...you could." Annalise frowns. "But I thought she said she doesn't like France anymore?"

"She doesn't." Josh says.

"What if we start a new love bridge?" I suggest. "In Central Park?"

"In New York City?" Annalise asks. I nod.

"She loves New York City." I say.

"That's great." Dad nods, agreeing.

"What if we go to America? You guys live in New York City. We go there for Thanksgiving and Papa and I say we want to go to Central Park. You get the lock engraved and find her ring size and everything and then we go there and you propose?"

"Do you want to do that in front of everyone?" Josh asks.

"It would be more extravagant." I say. "That's a good idea. Yes, that's what we will do. I'll order the lock online and have it sent to the house in New York."

I go online and find a lock and get in engraved and then order it and have it sent to New York.

"Send me that link to the ring." I tell Annalise.

She copies it and pastes it to the text box and then hands me her phone to send it to me.

Right after my phone dings, I email the link to myself and have it sent to my important folder in my email. I add Annalise as a contact but delete the chat and clear all my history so Odeletta won't find out.

"Okay, so tomorrow, we'll-"

"Nathan." I hear a soft voice. I look up. Odette is standing at the entrance to the hall. "Why are you not in bed?"

I hesitate.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"For just a second." She says. "Will you come to bed?"

She looks really upset about something.

"What's the matter?" Annalise asks. She just shakes her head and look at me.

"Please Nathan?"

I'm way too excited to sleep, and everyone must know that.

But still, I stand up and cross the room, following her to the bedroom.