Part 10

~Damien pov~

Dammit I'm so stupid! To have pinned Midnight down.... What was I thinking!? I should've known better! To be so close to draining a person is beyond me! I HAD self control, this aching thirst of mine was bearable and yet... 

I couldn't stop myself...

Me! Damien Erebos! The vampire who sworn never to bite a living thing unwillingly, the vampire who fought against his own kind for their inhumane actions, was about to drink from a human... 

I had no words to describe how I felt. There was only one thing I could do to fix things.. I may just -no- I WILL have to discard my friendship with Midnight. Hopefully just avoiding her to keep her safe will be enough for me. 

I didn't have enough time to sulk let alone think. An emergency evacuation is occurring. Apparently its a code red, in section F: danger level 3. I wonder what could've caused that? Code red is already a big deal but at level 3? The lower the level the more dangerous the situation is. As we were given our collars back, (whish honestly to me are useless), Slayers and hunters surrounded us as they lead us to the school's main exit, which meant that this wasn't a mere drill. They meant business. Section F, now that I think of it, isn't that where Jason is taking his training class? Down in the basement? Shit!! Jason what did you do this time?! After people checked in with each other using their ear pieces I've noticed that my hunch was right! All the classes were exiting through the main entrance and Jason's class hasn't come out.

Neither has Midnight and that Ashwood guy...

Then again maybe they used a different route. "Psssst Damien" Emily tugged on my sleeve. "I know where we could go to get into the school an see what's going on." She was whispering but I knew what she was talking about. The school was big maybe about  90 acres, 8 floors, castle like, about 1000 years old? Only about a 10th of the building was being used by the school, the rest was abandoned though some rooms were still up to date. Which left multiple entries, but that didn't mean there weren't surveillances around that area. "What do you say?" she asked in a hurry.

"I rather not" Surprised by my own response I scanned the area. ~Welcome to Spiritus Academy~ was written in a big banner high above the main entrance, flopping like a fish out of the water as the wind blew. 

"Okay if you say so" she said as her eyes viewed me questioningly. Sighing I shrugged looking up into the sky and put my hands into my pant pockets. The sun wasn't affecting us at all since everybody here were half breed vampires but if we stayed for hours then it'll start feeling uncomfortable. 

"I don't think its as horrible as they make it seem" I tried assuring her as she scoffed.

"Anything involving Jason is not reassuring, add Midnight to this mix and you get something unpredictable"

I chuckled "I could promise you that things would be different from here on out"

Emily smiled a nervous smile "your right, it will, but I don't think it'll be the way you imagine it.."

Confused I was about to ask her what she meant but she was pulled away by her friends. "Hey Damien I'll see you later! Bye!"

I waved softly as she was dragged away. Honestly I couldn't imagine how Midnight affected our lives so much in just a few hours...

~Midnight Pov~

It was dark here, and there, better yet every where. Ha I made it rhyme. Seriously though my senses are out of control and this feeling of nothingness is scaring me. I'm not even sure if I'm standing up or floating. The only thing I could recall that happened was me punching Edward, after that nothing. Placing my hands in front of me I noticed that I couldn't see them, then I tried to take a step forward, and it felt like the floor was moving. Screaming and yelling were out of the question... It was as if fear had temporarily caused me to become mute.