Part 6

(Sorry about the late update </3 I promise to upload sooner now! Today's update though may be short but the good stuff will be coming soon and I swear the day will end -_- yes so many parts and its still the first day of school but no worries :D you save the best for last :3 Enjoy and please tell me what you think :p)

~Midnight's POV~

Shock.

That's the only thing I felt. Heck! How else was I suppose to respond? Jason had spoken of his misfortune almost as if it was an everyday thing. What makes things worse was the fact that Damien had this playful look on his face as he looked at me. The only thing that made me believe that any of this was true was that darkness that had clouded Jason's once bright eyes. It seemed like he was reliving the scenario -more like nightmare- over and over again. I had to say something, anything, to end the awkward silence that was starting to creep up.

So I swallowed the shock away and said the one word that had registered in my head...

"Wow."

What came next almost made me drop dead.

Jason Laughed...

The laughter was dark, empty, even painful...

The fog in his eyes vanished as amusement replaced it. Then he spoke in a dry voice. "People would've gasped, cried, smothered me in hugs, and try to comfort me with words an wisdom sayings, but you? You just shrug it off!"

I choked, he caught me off guard, but immediately composed myself, leaned forward, and looked him straight in the eyes.

"Nothing I do or say will change what happened, plus like you said other people had already beat me to the punch and tried to make you feel better. So what makes you think that if I were to do all that, then it would've changed anything?"

Damien looked pleased with my response as Jason smirked. I had kept my poker face on when the two of them looked at each other and burst end out laughing. Ugh these two are so confusing, but I decided to say nothing and instead nodded towards Damien. "So.... Whats your story?" Curiosity clawed in the back of my mind just itching to know. To my dismay he just crossed his arms and shrugged.

"Honestly nothing much." He paused -maybe thinking of what he was going to say- then sighed. "To keep things short and simple, well I'm a half blooded prince with a father who wants to convert me to a full fledged blood sucker in order to 'rule over my people'"

Okay so being a prince is also a natural thing for these two? I couldn't help but chuckle and so help me I will get the answers I want! "Wait so your a half breed?" I asked, but Jason apparently thought I was asking the both of them.

"Nope I'm a pure werewolf" He grinned then jabbed his thumb towards Damien. "He on the other hand is a half breed."

Damien closed his eyes and took a deep breathe. "All the vampires you see here are half breeds including the teachers, which is why your allowed to come to this school Midnight. The reason being is that we don't necessarily need or crave as much blood. But don't be fooled just because we aren't feeding off of you right now doesn't mean that we don't want to its just that we have more control."

Jason smiled a mischievous smile. "The hell with control!" I faced him as the next words sunk into my head. "They have feeders back at their place to 'quench their thirst!' Human beings who are willing to 'donate blood' in order to feel the rush of being bitten" He stated as he tried to demonstrate the act of bitting into an imaginary person's neck. Damien hit Jason roughly with his elbow.

Then he looked at me emotionlessly. "My father being the Elder of our clan wished for me to become powerful when I came of age. The way it happened was that he was going to drink the rest of my remaining human blood and give me some of his. There's more to the ritual, but I guess loyalty is still strong in me so I wont go any deeper into the topic." Damien opened his eyes. "I declined the offer as soon as my father told me what he had in mind only because I felt that it wasn't something I wanted to do. Let alone take up the responsibility of taking care of a clan."

They both looked at me with a curiosity that I could understand so well, but I wasn't finished so I asked one last question before I let them get their chance at interrogating me.

"What are your powers?"

Damien nodded at Jason letting him take the lead. "I have extraordinary strength, speed, healing, powerful senses of smell, taste, hearing, as well as sight and as the ONLY full breed werewolf in my old pack I can transform into two forms: my wolf form and my werewolf..." He scratched the back of his head as he tried hard to explain. "My wolf form is exactly what its called a wolf. I believe I can turn into it whenever I want to and have complete control of it, but my werewolf form is quite the opposite. I can only transform during the full moons! There's at the moment no way for me to control it and I look -according to Damien- like a wolf-man like posture with a wolf's attitude and appearance. Ugh" Jason shook his head annoyed unsure if I understood and I gave him a warm smile.

At least he tries I thought and Damien cleared his throat and began talking.

" My abilities include everything that Jason had began with except for the transformations. On the other hand I can float, use telekinesis, hypnosis, and read minds."

PAUSE

He could read minds?

Realization hit me with such a force that I stood up knocking my chair over, slammed my hand on the table and with the other pointed an excusing finger at him. "You've been in my head! No wonder Jason would always look at you for an approval!"

Damien was wide eyed as Jason looked down at the table ashamed, but Damien spoke. "Yes but I had to make sure that you were being truthful. Plus I can't read your past or anything for some odd reason only recent events nothing personal."

I put my hand down, but I was still annoyed. "Just being in my head is personal! And..." I picked up my chair to sit down. "Maybe the reason you couldn't see my past is because I dont remember it."

Finally I was able to shock them this time! "So again tell me how your able to read my thoughts?"

Damien snapped out of the trance he was in. "All I have to do is look into your eyes. The same thing goes for hypnotizing, but I'm not that strong with it so it only works on humans." His eyes glanced at me, "How did you lose your memory?"

My turn to shrug. "I don't know..."

The bell rang its regular shrieking self and we waited till everybody in the cafeteria left before we walked out with the awkward silence once again catching up to us....