Chapter 28 ¦ Fessing Up.

Authors Note #1:

I know I said that we'll start off with the TVD Wrap but what now happens makes more sense than what was going to happen. (If that makes sense)

Paul's P.O.V

Feeling the sun rays on my bare skin, I open my eyes and tilt my head to look at the clock on the bedside table; '7:00' it read. I turn back to Nina and slowly untangle our legs and remove our blanket, leaving a small kiss on her forehead. 

I grab some eggs and milk from the fridge and the bag of flour placed in the cupboard beside the oven. Carefully measuring all the ingredients, I put them in the bowl and start mixing them into a pancake batter, occasionally looking back to see if Nina has woken up. 

Afterwards, I put them in a pan and start frying, flipping them from time to time. I begin to cut a couple of strawberries and drizzle some Nutella over one for Nina, and then layer some fresh lemon juice and sugar on mine. 

"Hey baby." I say, walking into my room to wake Nina up. I kiss her on the forehead and stroke some of her hairs out of the way.

Nina rubs her eyes before yawning, stretching her arms out above her head. "Heyyy. What time is it?" Clearly unaware of the clock besides her.

I grab her hands and pull her out of bed, wrapping my arms around her waist, embracing her. "7:30"

"How long have you been up?" She asks, her voice muffled.

"Not long. Let's have breakfast."I reply, taking her into the kitchen.

She looks at the set table before looking up at me, a wide smile on her face. "Paul, you didn't have to. I would have settled for cereal," says Nina.

I laugh, shaking my head, before pulling out a seat for her to sit on. "You're gone in a few days, expect this every morning." 

"This looks amazing. Maybe one day, you'll let me cook breakfast for you."

"I guess I can trust you in the kitchen," I reply, jokingly. Nina punches my shoulder lightly, before tucking in on her food. 

"Have you got something to wear for tonight?" She says in between chewing, her mouth full of food.

"Yeah, you?"

"Yup." She answers, then a few seconds later speaks again, "Pauulll-"

"There's more in the pan." I interrupt.

"You know me too well." Nina grumbles before putting two pancakes on her plate.

-----------------------------

"Hey dude." I say nervously through the phone.

"Paul, what's up?"

"Do you wanna go get something to eat?" I say nervously, "Pizza at that joint near work?" I suggest, knowing he loves pizza.