Chapter 27 | I'll Love You Forever

Nina's P.O.V

"You know where we should go?" I turn to ask Paul, who's laying on the couch beside me scrolling through his phone, his feet resting on my lap.

Paul looks up and puts his phone away, "Where's that?"

"A karaoke bar," I reply, grinning.

"Did I just hear that correctly?"

"Pleeeaaaseee," I say, grabbing both of his hands and placing light kisses on them. "Just for fun, before I go. " I playfully beg, pouting.

"I thought we hated karaoke bars?" Paul says, slightly laughing.

"Well- I don't right nowww," I say.

"You're lucky I love you, Nina Dobrev." Paul replies, a slight smile on his face.

"Very lucky." I lean forward, whispering in his ear, "And very very grateful." I grab Paul's hand and drag him off the couch with me, getting our keys and money from the counter and heading out the front door. 

------------------------------

"My grandma drives faster than you Paul. And she doesn't even drive." I tease Paul as we get out the car and head towards the entrance of the bar.

"We're here though right?"

I laugh as I grab onto his arm as we enter the bar, we stop for a second as we look around, hundreds of people circle around the stage with a microphone placed in the middle, in the far corner; a small bar with leather stools surrounding it. 

"Let's get a drink," I say, dragging Paul to the bar, asking the bartender for two whiskeys.

"I love you, Nina." Paul says, adoringly.

I turn to face him and smile, "I love you too."

"Just thought you should know that." Paul winks as he leans forward and kisses me lightly on the cheek, "I'll be right back."

I shake my head before I take a sip of my drink and shift my body to look at the karaoke stage. Entertained by the person singing, I take out my phone and go to Instagram, starting to film it until the song stops and the girl runs off stage, accidentally taking the microphone with her. She quickly runs back and puts it in the stand before running to her seat, her hands in her hair chuckling to herself. I laugh along with everyone else but immediately stop as the DJ shouts through the microphone, "Next we have Nina Dobrev! Singing Shake It Off- Taylor Swift!" 

My eyes nearly bulge out of my sockets as I hear people screaming and whooping. I feel a hand on my shoulder so I turn around quickly only to hit Paul's hard structured torso.

"Like I said before, I love you, Nina Dobrev." He says, a wide grin plastered on his face.

"You did this?! Suddenly, I don't love you anymore." I reply, putting my head in my hands.

"You said you wanted to come here, babe!"

"I could so kill you right now." I laugh, pushing him to the side a little, making him stumble slightly.

"You'll be great, I know you will." Paul smiles, grabbing my hand and leading me towards the stage.

When I get up on the higher platform, the screams get louder and louder, nearly deafening me. As the song starts playing, I look to the side at Paul, who gives me a reassuring thumbs up, and then at the screen with the lyrics on. 

 I stay out too late, got nothing in my brain
That's what people say, that's what people say
I go on too many dates, but I can't make them stay
At least that's what people say, that's what people say