Chapter 16 | Friends...or not?

Recap:
Sorry guys, I know it's been long so here's a recap.

Nina has already left TVD, Paul is with Phoebe in Atlanta.
Candice has a crush on Paul, (she's not married.)
After hearing that she has to return to The Vampire Diaries, she's nervous and meets up with Paul to talk about it. They talked, and hugged, he caressed her, then she realised that he should have been with Phoebe so she left.
After that, Nina went to a bar, and so did Paul, coincidentally, the same bar.  He walks away after confessing to Nina everytime he's with her, he forgets about Phoebe.
Nina then meets a guy who first, turned out to be nice but he ended up nearly raping her, however Paul was there to help.
Even though he saved her, he wants them to be just friends, other than Nina who wants to be more.
Phoebe also goes back to NOLA, because she realises somethings up,
Paul and Nina both try moving on but they can't.
Nina and Paul are then on speaking terms and have texted a few times.
Nina boarded a plane to head to Atlanta to film the last episode of TVD. When she got to the airport, Paul (being such a cutie.) suprised her at the airport, and yes they are still friends. They haven't talked yet, they've just seen each other.
Anndd that's where the chapter ended.
.
.
.
Nina's P.O.V

The guy turns around, his hero hair sure is covered with a beanie, and his tshirt hanging loose around his torso.

He said he couldn't make it. He surprised me.

We lock eyes and I smile brightly. I drop my suitcase and run upto him. He starts walking forward as I begin to embrace him. I bury my head in his shoulder and wrap my arms around his body, feeling his structured (but also sexy) abs through his clothing.
"Hey Neens." Paul laughs and picks me up, he spins me around before letting go and handing me something.
"These are for you."
I look down and instantly start smiling, "You got me chocolate? Paul you didn't have to."

"But I wanted to, I know how much you like Hershey's kisses."

"Thank you. These are way better than flowers- i mean, not-that- you would have got me some-" My face starts heating up, so I hide my face with my hair.

That was so embarrassing.

Paul's P.O.V.

I lift my hand and gently take her hair out of her face, "Hey, its okay." I laugh trying to lighten up the mood, "You look beautiful."

"No I don't." She tucks her hair behind her ear and looks down, not wanting me to see her face.

"You do, you've been on a plane for so long and you still look perfect."

Nina looks up and smiles, a faint colour of pink appearing on her cheeks. "Do you want to hear what happened to my foundation on the plane?"

"Sure." Grabbing her suitcase and her bags, we start walking towards the exit, as Nina tells me what happened on the plane.

Third P.O.V

To anyone else, they would have looked like a couple. Paul was carrying her luggage, listening attentively to Nina's story, occasionally looking at her lips whilst she was talking.
And Nina? Well she wouldn't take her eyes off Paul, sometimes grabbing on to his arm as they walked through crowded areas.

It looks as if they were riding into the sunset, the world against them, all joyful and optimistic.

If only it was that easy.

A/N- Hey everyone 👋 I added a recap at the beginning because I know it's been long and you might have forgotten what happened.
Yes they are still friends, (can you believe it?!), but what im trying to show is them tryyinngg to be friends, and see if they fail miserably. There's going to be heartbreak, but also Dobsley fluff like today, so tune in ❤.