Chapter 13 | Lost & Found

Paul's P.O.V

I feel the scorching sun rays resting on my back. I turn my body expecting Phoebe to be sleeping soundly, instead i'm greeted with a cold space and no-one there. I quickly sit up and look around the room, everything she owns is gone. Her jacket is gone from the chair, her perfumes all vanished and most importnantly, her travel bag isn't in the corner of the room.

"Phoebe?" I get out of bed and check my phone to see if there's a text, a missed call, anything. I walk into the kitchen and find a letter on the table-from Phoebe.

Paul,

I know I should just talk to you, or send you a text or even call you. But I couldn't. I should let you explain but the truth is, I don't want to hear it, because i'm not ready. I think we should just break up Paul, everytime something happens between you and Nina, I forgive you, I brush it off. This time, I can't. I know i'm a horrible person for just bfeaking up with you over a letter, but aren't we all?

I've gone back to NOLA, I'm so sorry Paul but I just don't know if you are. 

I love you. 

xo Phoebe.

Besides the letter is the ring I gave her for our 1 year anniversary. 

I feel a tear prickle down my cheek, I drop the letter out of my hand and run my finger through my hair.

What have I done? All this happens because of one girl? Because of Nina?

I lost Nina because of Phoebe and I lost Phoebe because of Nina.  I lost two of the most important people in my life because of my stupid decisions.

I slowly walk to the couch and sit, just thinking, pondering...doing nothing. What I should have done in the first place.

A FEW MONTHS LATER.

Nina's P.O.V

I walk in with the gym with Jules and start filling up my bottle with water. I'm too consumed with my thoughts that I end up overfilling it. I feel someone shake my shoulders and i'm suddenly taken back to reality. 

"Nina. Nina!" 

"Jules." She looks at me with sympathy and gives me a small side hug. "Paul, huh?" I look down, trying to hide the guilt and sadness I knew she would see. We start walking towards the treadmills and sit down on a bench nearby. "It's not just Paul. This morning I found out that I can tell my fans I'll be returning to TVD."

"Your're nervous. Don't worry Nina-"

"But that's exactly what's happening! I'm nervous, and worried and scared, I definitely don't want to see Ian, and well- you know me and Candice left on bad terms after our fight. And Paul...you know what he said, he doesn't want to be with me, he probably doesn't even want to see me anymore.

"Apparently..." Jules nudges my shoulder and raises her eyebrows. "Apparently Phoebe and Paul broke up." I immediately turn to her and grab her shoulders. 

"What? Why? How do you even know this?"

"Phoebe posted on her instagram story yesterday right?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, she wasn't wearing the ring Paul gave her. All the fans have been talking about it on Twitter."

"Oh no...they must have broken up because of me. He's going to hate me."

"Please girl, don't pretend you're not the least bit happy. Paul said he couldn't be with you because of Phoebe right? Well Phoebe's no longer in the equation! Maybe Paul realises...he has a chance with you." She gives me a wink and walks off, leaving me to think about what she just said.

When I get home, i have a shower and get changed. I quickly snap a picture of the TVD final script and post it on Instagram. After giving it much thought, I decided that I don't have to be scared. Only happy.

I throw my phone on my bed and go to grab some water. I turn around for one minute and I already hear a thousand notifications. I contemplate turning off my phone but one notification catches my eye.

Paulvedere sent you a message.

I quickly press on the message at lightining bolt speed amd see what he's sent.

Paul:

You listened to my advice then huh? 

Me:

Ha ha, I don't think it was all you Wesley.

Paul:

😭

Me:

You know I'm joking, you give good advice Pdubs. Thank you.

Paul:

I look forward to seeing you.

Paul:

Ms Neens.

Me: 

Me too Paul. 😊

I smile, glad we're on speaking terms. I consider asking him about Phoebe but instead, I leave it at that. 

I laugh because its taken me this long to realise- whatever I do, whatever I think, I'll never be able to forget Paul. 

He's always just there.

A/N:

 HEY GUYS LONG TIME NO SEE, kind of. Yay I finally updated, I just wasn't in the mood to write but it's now 23:19 and I was thinking , "you know what? I need to update."

And I have!

Did you miss meeee?