Chapter 8 | Nina

Previously...

I walk in and immediately see the familiar mop of chocolate brown hair framing her face and her doe eyes looking down at her phone. Nina.

Paul's P.O.V

I start walking to her table and eventually she looks up and sees me. A bright smile appears on her face and she waves, "Hey Paul!" I can't help but smile too, mesmerised by hers. I sit down and  look to see she's already ordered, "You remember huh?"

"How could I forget?" She grins and pushes the muffin towards me. "Don't tell me you already ate."

"Eat? Before I come to a cafe? You've got to be kidding Nina." She laughs so loudly that numerous heads turn our way, "Hey, I remember how much you love food Paul."

"I can't say anything to that Ms. Dobrev" I smile and look into her chocolate coloured eyes, ignoring everything around me. Nina clears her throat and i'm taken out of my trance.

"So... how are you and Phoebe?"
"We're good, she's visiting for a few days" I take a bite out of the muffin, "Wow, this is still really good." I hear her laugh, she lightly punches my arm across the table, "You're unbelievable."

"What? I'm not kidding, this muffin-."
"Paul, that was the exact same reaction you had the first time you came here, I remember your exact words, 'This muffin is really good.' Then you made me try it and I loved it too." We both look at each other for a second before laughing hysterically.

"How do you remember that Nina?"
"I guess I just have a good memory." She shrugs and drinks her coffee.

"What are you doing in Atlanta, we only came down here for filming." She looks up and the once cheery Nina had vanished, I could see the worry on her eyes. She tucks her hair behind her ears, I knew her well enough to know that Nina does that when she's nervous.
"When Julie called, she told me to come down to Atlanta to talk about me coming back. I tried to come at a time when I thought no one would be there, but I end up seeing Ian and Nikki, leaving his trailer, kissing."

I see her eyes tearing up and immediately grab her hands to soothe her. My thumb gently rubbing circles on her hands. "I don't know why it still affects me Paul. I don't have feelings for him, but after everything he's said and done to me, it still hurts seeing him." She quickly wipes a tear with the back of denim jacket, "I don't know what to do." She whispers quietly.

She looks down and removes her hands from mine. A feeling of despair hits me but I brush it off, trying my best to comfort her.
"You're forgetting something Nina." She raises her head and i'm met with her beautiful brown eyes. She leans forward, almost hopeful of what I have to say. "You're forgetting that i'm going to be on set with you. You won't be alone Nina, you've got me. You've always got me." She smiles brightly, "Thanks Paul."

I get out of my seat and walk over to Nina's side to give her a hug. I wrap my arms around her and I feel get hands on my back, the hug lasts longer than 2 seconds but truthfully I don't want to let go, until Nina
slowly loosens her grip on me. Suddenly, she starts laughing, my brows furrow, what did I do?

"Is my face amusing to you?"
"No Paul, you have crumbs on your face. Here, let me." She raises her hand to get rid of the food on my face, I immediately feel the warmth of her touch, the familiar jolt of  electricity that ran through me when we shot Stefan and Elena scenes. It took everything inside of me not to grab her hand, not to kiss her, right then and there.

Why am I feeling like this? I'm with Phoebe, but why am I suddenly feeling that its the wrong choice that Phoebe is the wrong choice. All these hidden feelings and emotions, why are they suddenly rushing back?

She notices me looking confused so she backs away. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have-"
"Nina, it's okay-wait, what are you doing?" I realise she's packing her bag, "Paul, I should never have asked you to meet me, this was a mistake."
"No, Nina, wait-" I try to catch up with her as she exits through the door. "This wasn't a mistake Nina."
"Oh yeah?" She crosses her arms over her chest, "What were you going to do today? If you weren't with me?" I avoid the look in her eyes, the look she's always given me since day 1, the look where she can see right through me. "Paul, I just-I need to go." She walks past me, her arm gently brushing mine. I shout behind her but she continues walking to her car,she doesn't look back.
Maybe it's for the best.

Nina's P.O.V

As soon as I get in my car I feel a tear dripping down my face, one tear turns into multiple but I try my best to hold them in. I silently curse myself for being so rude to Paul. Im the one who called him, yet I was the one who walked away.

Maybe it's for the best.

A/N: HIIIII 👋 Early Updaateee, kind of. Right now it's 00:02 and my phone is 2% but here it is.
I hope you like this chapter.
Love you guys so much.