Chapter 3| The Lunch.

Pauls P.O.V

"Are you coming?" Candice shouts.
"Yeah, two seconds" I shout back. I turn around, but just before I leave, I look down and see a card peeking out between the piles of magazines and  books that I used to read in between scenes.
I pick it up, white and dark blue in color, 'Congratulations' imprinted in gold lettering. My eyes scanning the words written inside the card, a smile forming on my lips.
I hear a shuffling behind me, I turn  around and see Candice standing there, her hands on her hips, her mouth formed a straight line- she wasn't happy. "What are you doing Paul? You said you were going to be two seconds, it's been 5 minutes"
"Yeah, I know. I'm coming" I say, still holding the card. "What is that?" The blonde questions, looking at my hand. I put the card down on the nearest table and walk out of my dressing room, gesturing her to come with me. "It's just the card Nina gave me when I directed in season 5" I inform her. I look at her and I can't help but notice how her body stiffens when I mention Nina. She notices this and laughs "I can't believe you still have that"
"Why wouldn't I have it?"
"Well Nina's left now, you could have just thrown out away" Candice shruggs.
"Its a present Candice." I reply, getting relatively annoyed at her attitude towards Nina. "I know! But she isn't coming back, she'll never know." Candice said. I don't reply as we walk towards the entrance of Subway; the place Candice had chosen to eat. "You hate sandwiches, you say they're too boring and there's other healthy alternatives" I remark, surprised at the fact she had chosen this place. The  other one just shrugs, walking towards the service station. "I'll order yours, Rotisserie-style Chicken right?" Before I could answer she had already ordered both our sandwiches, payed and sat down infront of me. "Candice..." I say.
"Yes Paul." The blond answered, batting her long eyelashes innocently. "How did you know my order? We've never been here together"
Candice shuffles a bit in her seat. She tucks her bright blonde hair behind her ear and avoids eye contact with me. She clears her throat and says "I don't know-um, N-Nina told me I guess. Ages ago."
"Okay."
"So, are you excited to film the proposal scene today? I think Julie's done a great job, I'm happy they finally get to have their 'June Wedding'." Candice laughs a bit too much. I just smile and carry on eating my sandwich. I see Candice staring at me, realising she wants my input, I put the sandwich down and say "I don't know...it seems kind of sudden don't you think? His brother's in trouble and he's proposing to someone" I grin, remembering all the other times Julie had messed up the plot. "I should get going Candice, I'm shooting a scene with Ian"

I get up quickly from the chair, thank her for the lunch and make my way to my dressing room. I look down, my eyes focusing on the script, when I bump into someone, losing my balance and feel my body hit the ground. "Sorry Paul, my fault" I feel a strong arm pulling me up. I laugh, surprised at how I didn't recognise the voice. I laugh "Its okay Kevin". He smiles and turns to walks away, but just before he leaves I ask him something that's been bugging me since we started filimg this season. "Hey Kevin? Do you know if-Nina's coming back?" Kevin's face is still, not happy or upset, but I hear a sadness in his voice and says " I don't know Paul...after everything that's happened on set-"
"Yeah I get it. Ill see you later." I walk away, slightly disappointed at Kevin's answer.

I walk to my dressing room, what feels like the 5th time today, put my script down and start getting dressed for the next scene. I add more product to my brown, sandy hair and make sure the microphones are tucked inside my clothes. I look at the clock and see that I have five minutes to spare, I sit down on the velvet blue couch, the one Ian got me as a joke for a Christmas present, and decide to go on my phone. I scroll through my notifications, mostly emails, when I see a text from Phoebe.

From: Phoebe.
To: Paul.
Hey babe, I'm free this weekend. Are you? We can hang out. x

I instantly reply, I hardly ever see Phoebe because of filming, so getting away from set for a while always feels good.

I go through Instagram, liking endless number of cat pictures, when I see Nina's post. She was wearing a figure hugging black dress, some silver on top with a slit on the side. I  instantly like it, staring a the picture a few seconds longer, until im interrupted by a knock on the door, and someone barging through my dressing room.

"Dude! What the hell?" I look up and see Ian standing there, his eyebrows raised, his sculptured face covered in fake blood, and our itinerary in his hands. "Ian what are you-"
"You were supposed to be on set 10 minutes ago Paul" Ian shakes his head and hands me the itinerary. My eyes scan the words on the sheet until I found what I was looking for.

Shooting started at 1:30pm, I turn to look at the clock and see that it was 1:45- I had got the timings wrong. Apologetically I look up at Ian. "I'm sorry dude, I-I got the timings wrong"
"It's okay Paul, it's Julie who's-" His gaze dropped down to my phone and his facial expression changses instantly, it was etched and dark. I realise I hadn't switched off my phone and the picture of Nina was still on the screen.

Ian snatched the phone out of my hand, looked at the picture and threw my phone back to me

Ian snatched the phone out of my hand, looked at the picture and threw my phone back to me. "This is why you were late? You were looking at pictures of Nina!"
"Dude, its not like that, it was just one picture, it's been 3 years since you and Nina broke up, why are you so-"
Ian walked to the door, his hand turning the old doorknob but just before he leaves, he turns around and says "We've got to be on set" He slams the door behind him. I stand there, motionless, and confused about what just happened.

A/N- I am SO sorry for not updating quick, I wanted to do a longer chapter than the other 2 but it took a while because of my Instagram account.
Hope you liked this, byyeee x