Chapter 23 ¦ Perfect

Nina's P.O.V

I quickly rush out the door with a half eaten croissant in one hand, my keys, phone and script in the other as I hurriedly go to set. I walk briskly towards the elevator, trying to look over the script covering my view. Not being able to see anything, I trip over a rug and my croissant falls out of my hand.

"Dammit" I don't look back as I head into the elevator and press on the ground floor button multiple times, praying the security don't scold me for not picking it up. I turn to look at myself in the mirror on the wall of the elevator. I sigh as I tuck some baby hairs behind my ears, straighten out my white shirt and tie my laces.

The first day of set and I'm already late. Great.

My mind drifts to last night and a small smile appears on my face, suddenly forgetting where I was and what I was doing. I jump as I hear the elevator ding and the doors open. Checking my reflection one last time, I put my sunglasses on and head out towards my car, avoiding the paparazzi near the entrance of the car park.

"Nina! Nina! How does it feel to be back on The Vampire Diaries?" I hear someone shout.

I get in my car and drive fastly to set. Grabbing my script and other necessities, I run to hair and makeup, already 15 minutes behind schedule.

"Nina, you're here!" Beverly screams as she runs up to hug me.

"I missed you, Bev" I say, letting go of her.

"I missed you too. But you're 15 minutes late so lets get started."

"Okay." I laugh as I sit in my chair and scroll through my phone, occasionally making conversation with Bev when she isn't concentrating on my hair and makeup, and secretly, waiting to see Paul, a turbulent pool of excitement constantly exploding in my stomach.

"You look happy" Bev notices.

I look down, unable to stop a huge smile forming on my face. "That's because I am. Really happy."

"So who's the guy?" Bev asked jokingly, nudging my shoulder.

I laugh, shaking my head and opening my mouth to speak, until I look up and somehow lose the ability to move my mouth.

"Hey, Bev." He says as he embraces her. 

"Paul! I was wondering when you'd come."

"Sorry Bev, I went to a cafe to pick up some food." Paul apologises as he holds up a brown bag. He turns to look at me and I feel my heart drop. Literally. His brown soft hair's slightly messy but cute at the same time, a few locks resting on his forehead. A white t-shirt which shows the shape of his biceps very clearly, and his lips...his pink sculptured lips.

"Nina." Paul's voice gets me out of my trance. I stand up and go to hug Paul. He pulls me tightly towards him, his hands wrapped around my body. I feel him move his head closer and closer to my ear, "Welcome back" he whispers. He then kisses me on the cheek, his lips hovering there for a while before letting go, and opening the brown bag.

"I got you breakfast." He says, smiling. He takes out a blueberry muffin and apple juice.

"Thank you thank you!" I exclaim as I take a bite out of my muffin, "You're perfect."

"I know" Paul jokes, taking a seat in a chair beside me.

"I missed you two," Bev says suddenly. I nearly choke on my muffin, forgetting she was ever there. "Paul, I'll be with you in a sec, I'll just finish Nina's makeup."

"Got it, Bev." He says, spluttering out some chocolate muffin as he speaks. I turn to look at him with my eyebrows raised and shake my head as he shrugs and takes another bite of his muffin. "It's a good muffin."

1 hour later

"Paaauull!" I laugh as he drags me into his trailer. "What are you-" I stop mid sentence as he pushes against the wall and attacks his lips with mine. I immediately wrap my arms around his neck and push him closer to me. Paul deepens the kiss as I jump up and wrap my legs around his waist. His tongue enters my mouth as he holds my legs for support and moves towards the couch. Laying me down, I gently turn my head so I'm able to speak, "Paul-Paul."

"Hmm" He replies as he kisses down my neck.

"S-stop. Someone could walk in." He lifts his head as he kisses my lips, "You're right," and gets off the couch.

I frown, not wanting to upset him. "Hey" I walk over to him and grab his hand with mine. "Why don't you come to mine later?"

"Okay" Paul smiles. I kiss him lightly before we both leave his dressing room heading to film in the Salvatore living room.

"So, is this Katherine or Elena?" Paul asks.

"Katherine. She's pretending to be Elena though."

"You nervous?"

"No, you'll be there." I look up and smile at him, fighting the urge to kiss him right there.

"You'll do great." Paul says as he pulls me in for a side hug.

A/N

Hey everyone, its been a whilee but here's a new chapter. It's not as long as the other ones but its a decent amount (i think, hopefully 😂)
I hope you like this chapter. ❤❤