Chapter 6 | Distant

Phoebe's P.O.V

I drag my suitcases up the endless amount of stairs to Paul's apartment.

Why couldn't he come and help me? I texted him like 10 minutes ago saying I was outside.

I finally reach the door and knock. No answer. I knock again, "Paul? Paul? Are you in there?" I bang on the door and still, nobody came. I sigh and sit outside Paul's apartment, waiting for him to get the door.

I scroll through Instagram, liking a few posts, when I see that Paul's liked Nina's recent Instagram photo.

A wave of guilt passes through me.
It's probably just nothing, so he liked a hot picture of Nina, he's liked mine too, plenty of times.

I keep repeating the same things over and over again in my head, yet the more times I said them, the less I started to believe them.

Paul's P.O.V

I stand, brushing my teeth when I hear knocks on the door, I hear faint shouts outside the apartment so I turn off the water to hear Phoebe shouting "Paul? Paul? Are you in there?"

I quickly wash my toothbrush, put on a T-shirt and open the door. "Hey Phoebe"
"Paul!" She embraces me and I feel her breath on my neck, "I missed you". I let go, interwine our fingers and look her in the eyes, "I missed you too" I lean in to peck her on the lips then go to take her bags to the bedroom.

I try to start a conversation with her so she doesn't mention how sad I sounded on the phone.
"How was filming in New Orleans?"
"Good. We got a lot of things done."
"How's Daniel?" She laughs and shakes her head, "He's great."
"Lot of makeout scenes?"
"You know I love you Paul."
She walks over to the bedroom and rummages through the bags, she looks around the room before letting out a frustrated sigh. "I left a bag in the car!"
"Oh." She looks at me expectantly, "Oh right, I'll go get it."

She throws me the keys and I walk down the infinite amount of stairs. I spot her car in the car park and start walking to it when I feel a vibratation on my legs. I take my phone out of my back pocket and look to see who's calling me. I freeze.

Why would she be calling?

A/N- Dun dun dunnn. I know, I know! This chapter is reaaalllyyy short, I promise they'll be longer but I wanted to end on a cliffhanger. Who could be calling?
I love you all and hopefully I'll be updating sooonn. Maybe on Friday? Fingers crossed.