Chapter 11 | Moving On

Paul's P.O.V

I quicken my pace as I walk out of the bar. I slowly walk to my car, ironically, the thing I want the most, is the thing im leaving behind.

I step into my apartment, dreading to explain to Phoebe why I was late. I promised her I'd be back soon, that we'd go out and watch a movie or something, this isn't me, I'm not this type of boyfriend, I want to blame Nina, but I can't, I cant do anything about the fact that, I'll always feel something for her, even if we were 2000 miles apart.

I expect Phoebe on the sofa, watching TV and even taking a nap, but I come to an empty apartment.

That's weird, she never told me she was going out.

I check my phone for any messages but none, my eyes search the apartment, looking for some note, but nothing.

I sit on the sofa and let out a sigh I didn't even know I was holding. Part of me, just the littlest bit of me, is relieved. I don't have to face her, potentially lie to her. I try to block every memory, every feeling I have of Nina out of my mind, but nothing seems to work.

It takes all the strengh I have to not pick up my phone and call her, explain everything, tell her that...I do want to be with her, that she's the one I care about. But I can't. We're just not meant to be.

Nina's P.O.V

After Paul left the bar in a hurry, I decided to stay for a few more drinks.

Okay, not a few, maybe...a bit more than I can handle

I sit silently, drowning my sorrows. I ask for another drink, or atleast I think I do, but my speech is so slurred, I don't even understand what I'm saying.

"Hey there beautiful."

I turn to my right to see a fairly attractive male sitting next to me. He slides me a drink and moves closer. His lips brush my ear and I can smell the alcohol coming from his breath. "You look like you could use some company."

I smile and laugh, I don't have enough energy to tell him to go away, so I decide not to speak. I look down at the drink and lift my hand, hovering near the rim, remembering Paul, remembering everything.  I look at him seductively, and move closer and closer so our heads are touching. "So what if I do?" His eyes start glistening, he takes my hand and gently starts kissing every inch of my skin. "Well maybe..." He moves his lips to my neck and grabs a hold of my hair, "We should get out of here." He grabs my hand and leads me to the lift in a far corner.

There's a lift here?

  The lift finally opens and we get inside. He grabs my face and starts kissing me forcefully, pushing me against the wall. I manage to pull away as I realise that I have no idea who this person is, or where we're going. "Where are you taking me?"

"My place." He tries to kiss me again but I let go of his grasp. "You live here?". He sighs and start walking towards me, "I'm not here for chitchat." He starts kissing my neck, leaving moist kisses as he goes, and makes his way to my lips. I try to kiss back, I try to forget everything, but its not working. He's not a distraction, he's not anything.

So why am I doing this?

The lift finally opens ad he shoves me against the wall. I try to resist him, I try to let go, but he stays put. "Stop, I don't want to do this, stop." Instead of stopping, he pulls me closer to him. He grabs my leg, and attempts to lift me up, but I do everything I can to stay on the ground. "I said stop! I don't want to do this."