Chapter 24 | Decision

Nina's P.O.V

"Quiet on set, camera rolling, action!" Julie shouts. 

"Damon?" I say timidly.

"Elena" Ian says as Damon, walking towards me.

"Is Bonnie...?"

"Bonnie's okay. You're both okay."

"I'm awake?"

"You're awake," Ian says, running up to hug me. I inwardly cringe but hide it as I smile brightly. " No. No, no, no, no." I hear him say, as he lets go of me.

"Rude," I say, putting one hand on my hip.

I turn towards Paul as he says his line,  "You got to be kidding me. Katherine." I smirk, meeting my eyes with his then turning to face Ian. "Hello, brothers."

"Cut!" Julie shout. "That was perfect, well done guys. We'll take a 5 minute break." I turn to look at Paul, he nods his head towards the set exit. I look around to see everyone engaged in a conversation so I grab my bag and head out with Paul.

"Hey," I say as we round the corner. I push him against the wall next to us, aware that no one's around and kiss him deeply. Just as I was about to wrap my hands around his neck I hear my phone ringing from my bag. I groan ignoring it, moving my hands from his neck to his hair. The ringing continues so I let go of Paul, give him a quick kiss on the lips, and then grab my phone out my bag.

"Hey, Nina."

"Oh, hey Emily. Everything okay?"

"Yeah actually, it's just about the movie audition you went to a few weeks ago." 

I quickly look at Paul, who's engrossed with his own phone, and walk over to a secluded area.

"Did I get the part?"

"Yes! They loved you, Nina." I hear Emily squealing on the other side of the phone.

"That's great," I say, trying to sound happy.

"Could you be any more enthusiastic?"

"Emily, it's great but, don't they film in Canada?"

"Yeah, I thought you'd love that."

I sigh as I run my hands through my hair, looking back at Paul, "A few weeks ago I would have said that, but now, there are things keeping me here."

"Nina, I get that, but this is a big role."

"How long is filming?"

"18 months."

It suddenly felt like someone had thrown a brick at my stomach, multiple times. "18 months?!" 18 months away from Paul?  "Emily, I'll have to think about it."

"Okay, but I need an answer by tonight."

"Got it, Em." I try to say confidently.

"Goodbye, Nina." She hangs up the phone.  I look back and sigh, as I'm put in the same position as I was 4 years ago.

"Hey, everything okay?" I jump and quickly turn around to see Paul walking towards me.

"I'm good." I smile, grabbing his hand. "Shall we go back to set?"

"Sure," Paul says, hearing the uncertainty in his voice.

3 hours later.

"You can tell me whats bothering you now," Paul states as he walks in the room holding two plates of pasta. We finished filming for the day and decided to head back to his to eat instead of going out with the cast.

"What do you mean?" I ask tentatively. 

"Ever since you had that phone call you've been acting weird. " He mentions.

"No, I haven't. This tastes good, by the way." I say, focusing on the pasta.

"Hey, tell me what's wrong," Paul says as he grabs my hands, placing a kiss on both of them.

"The phone call- that I had today. That was my agent...telling me that I got a part in the new Xander Cage movie."

"Nina that's great- I''m so happy for-"

"They film in Canada and it's for 18 months." I interrupt him.

"Oh." Paul says as he lets go of my hand.

"Paul, listen to me, I auditioned for it when weren't together, I thought that going to Canada would be a good break. Then we started dating and I've never been happier, I didn't think this would happen." I say, taking his hands again.

"You have to take it Neens," Paul says quietly.

"W-what?"

"You've always wanted to do movies, I mean that's why you left The Vampire Diaries. Please, do this."

"Paul, 18 months, in Canada," I say slowly, unsure of whether he's processed the information.

"I don't want to be away from you okay? So after I'm done with the projects I'm doing in LA, I can come join you."

"So this is it? It's over before it even started?" I ask, trying hard not to cry.

"What? Neens, why would you think that?" Paul says as he wraps his arm around me pulling me closer to him.

"Paul, long distance relationships never work." I remind him.

"So have faith, we can do it."

"I do want to be with you Paul but it took us so long to get here, our relationship is a secret, I don't want to ruin this."

"When do you start filming?"

"Next week."

"Nina, listen to me. You're not going to ruin this. This is your dream and I'm not going to let you pass it by. I'll visit, you'll get a break between filming, we can text, call and facetime, I'll send you presents all the time, I want to make this work and if you do too, then I think it really could."

"18 months, Paul."

"So it makes it so much more exciting when we get to see each other again."

"How can you be so calm about this?"

"Because, after everything we've done to get here, I don't want anything to ruin it," Paul says as he leans in to give me a passionate kiss on the lips.

"So I'm taking it?" I ask, just to make sure.

"You are." Paul nods, smiling.

"Thank you so much," I say pulling him in for a hug. I move my head back but my arms are still wrapped around his neck, "What did I do to deserve you?"

"Want to show me how thankful you are?" Paul whispers, placing small kisses on my jawline. I straddle him and unbutton his shirt, gliding my fingers across his sculptured abs. Paul grabs my face and kisses me as I slide his shirt off his shoulders. He begins to unbutton my shirt, pushing me back on the couch. 

"18 months... is a very long time," Paul says in between kisses.

"It is." I manage to say, unable to concentrate as Paul leaves hot wet kisses down my chest.

"Well, we've got a lot to make up for then." He says, kissing me on the lips.

"A lot." I smile, grabbing his face and leaving small kisses all over him.

Authors Note:

little update for you guys, i normally don't like writing couples who get through a problem so easily but its Dobsley and i mean they just got together i didn't want them to fight 😂

hope you enjoyed the update xx