Chapter 26

Hyungwon pov

I can't believe that Sohee left.

I partly blame myself for her sudden disappearance. If only I showed her more love and care as a brother maybe she wouldn't need to go.

She might not be my real sister but she became a source of happiness for me.

I accepted her despite knowing that she is not the real Jungri.

On the day of Sohee and Kihyun's wedding..

After the bride and groom left, everyone started to go home. No reception was made after the wedding because they went directly to their honeymoon.

"Let's go." Wonho hyung said as they headed for the car.

"I'll catch up. I need to use the restroom." I said.

"Arasseo. We'll wait for you in the car."

I then headed inside the building to find a restroom but I accidentally overheard appa and Mr. Yoo's conversation in the room which is slightly open.

"We should make everything clean. I'll go tell that woman's family about her situation." Mr. Yoo said.

"Kurae. I'll go fix everything about her name and family registry. She will be named after my real daughter. Kim Jungri."

"What was her name again?"

"Kim Sohee?"

"Arasseo. Let's just keep everything a secret. If this gets out, both our families will get into trouble."

"I know that. If only your daughter did not cause any trouble then this would have gone smoothly."

Appa sighed.

So now I get the gist of it.

Back to present

"Hyung.." I called him before we entered our house.

"Eo?"

He stayed behind as our parents went directly inside. Eomma looked so down so appa comforted her.

"Do everything to find her." I said.

He then held my shoulders.

"Don't worry, I will do everything to find her. I'm sure Kihyun won't waste a single minute to find her."

"I believe you already know."

"The what?"

"Sohee.. And Jungri."

"You knew?"

"I knew since the wedding day. I overheard the old men. But how did you find out?"

"I had her investigated secretly after the wedding. Although appa already said that they had the DNA test, I still can't compromise on just that."

"I see. But why did you treat her like she's the real one?"

He sighed.

"Because I just like her. She is a sister material, and knowing why she accepted the offer made me feel a bit of pity. Not only that, but I just felt that she's a kind person."

"The deal, huh? I just wish everything will end up well. I wonder if how's the real Jungri. If she's like Sohee."

"I wonder too. I'm afraid that if I get too attached to Sohee, I might set some standards for the real one."

"Same here, hyung. If she's nice then it would just be enough."

We ended our conversation and went inside. Eomma sat on the couch on the living room and she looked so sad. Hyung and I went to her.