Chapter 20

Sohee pov

I quickly boarded the bus. I did not look back, even if I know that Kihyun was running after me.

I am going to my real family's house.

Our own house.

I tried knocking on the door until I heard footsteps approaching the door.

"Yes?" Eomma opened the door for me.

"Eo.. Eomma.." I could not help but burst into tears. She then enveloped me with her arms.

"Aigoo.. My daughter.."

I then saw Junhee standing behind mom, and he also hugged us both.

"I miss you so much, noona."

"I miss you both too." I said.

"Get in first." Eomma then closed the door behind me. I sat on the couch in the living room as Junhee poured some water on the glass and gave it to me.

"What happened? I thought we are not allowed to meet, and I suppose you're not also allowed to come here."

"I ran away. I want to stay here for awhile."

"You ran away?! But why?!" Junhee asked, looking surprised.

"I don't want to talk about it. I suddenly thought of you and finally had the courage to come here."

"Arasseo. I will cook dinner. I will make your favorite." Eomma said as she flashed a smile on her face and caressed my head. "Take care of your noona first."

"I will, eomma." Junhee took some tissues and gave it to me.

"Stop crying, noona. It's painful to see a cheerful girl like you cry."

"Mianhae, Junhee. Noona is worrying you a lot."

"You can stop being that man's wife and come back here. I can work part time and save up for my tuition fees. And I could also help eomma--"

"Junhee.."

"Ne?"

"Stop worrying yourself and just study. Noona will take care of everything. Also, take care of eomma for me. Arasseo?" I smiled at him.

"Arasseo, noona. But please do a favor for me. Take care of yourself."

I then hugged him.

My brother might just be a teenager, but his way of thinking is more mature than I do, to be honest.

I'm glad that he is wisely thinking through about things.

After my mom prepared our dinner, we quietly sat on the dining table and ate. Eomma did not ask a single thing and she just let me eat in peace.

"Are you staying here for the night?" Eomma asked after dinner.

"Uhm.. I will--"

I was interrupted by a knock on our door. Eomma glanced at the wall clock.

"Who could it be at this hour.." She muttered as Junhee stood up and opened the door.

"Who..?" Junhee wondered.

"Who is it?" I went closer to take a look.

"Kihyun.." I muttered as soon as I saw him in the door.

"Is he your husband, noona?"

Ah, Junhee never saw him. Junhee does not use the social media much so he probably don't have any idea who he is.

"Sohee. Let's talk."