Chapter 4

Kihyun pov

I carried her back in the car and I have to immediately apply first aid on her foot.

I put her down on the front seat and had her foot stretched out.

"You didn't have to go this far. It was only a scratch-"

"It's not just a scratch!" I yelled. She looked surprised.

"T-Then what is it?"

"You stepped on a cone shell. I don't know how that thing got there since they were mostly found in coral reefs. I'm not sure if it was alive or not, or if the poison is also contained in the shell or what so I have to be quick." I explained.

"P-Poison?" She suddenly got nervous. Even I who wasn't scratched panicked.

I grabbed a stainless bottle inside the car and poured it in her foot.

"Ah!" she flinched.

It was hot water.

"Bear it." I said. I washed her foot with the hot water. I then used a tourniquet on her foot and I drove quickly towards the nearby hospital.

I brought her to the emergency room and I talked to the doctor. He quickly attended to Sohee.

The doctor checked her foot and he ran some tests. He asked her a lot of questions too, if she feels something different.

She said she feel nothing.

They gave her an IV and stayed in the room for an hour. I sat beside her as we waited for the doctor to be back.

After a few tests, the doctor came back with the results and talked to me.

"There is no poison in the shell. It might have been dead for a long time that was why it was in the shore. So you can stop worrying now because she's safe. Next time, be careful on where you're stepping. Okay?" The doctor said to her.

"Yes doc. Thank you." she said.

"Your husband was so worried about you." He said to Sohee.

Although he said it in English, hearing the words 'your husband' made me cringe.

"We already applied medicine on her foot so she can be discharged." The doctor said to me.

"Thank you, doc." I said.

I settled for the bill in the hospital before we went back to the hotel. She could barely walk but she tried to stay balanced.

Before we got inside our rooms, she thanked me.

"Thank you for what you did earlier." she said.

"Don't think i did that for you. I did it because I don't want any problem. If something happened to you especially on our honeymoon, people will feast on us." I said.

I just panicked because it was very dangerous. Or so I thought.

"I know." She muttered.

"Get some rest because we're leaving early tomorrow." I then closed the door.

As I laid down the bed, I received a text message from Minhyuk. He already sent a lot of messages earlier but I didn't reply.

How is Sohee? He asked again.

This guy is annoying.

I decided to finally reply to him.

We're back at the hotel. She is fine now but the doctor said she has to rest.