Chapter 23

Now that Wonho oppa and maybe Hyungwon oppa knows my secret, I feel like my life as Jungri is nearing its end.

The fact that Jungri is not showing up since what happened in Kihyun's office is scaring me.

I don't know what she's plotting and she might strike me off-guard.

I just did what was offered to me so why am I getting punished instead? Is it because I decieved a lot of people?

I only did it for my family.

"Good morning." I got back to my senses when Kihyun suddenly kissed me in the head and he held my shoulders.

I was sitting down in the dining room, waiting for him to come down for breakfast.

"Oh, good morning.."

"What's wrong?" He asked as he took a seat.

"Nothing." I smiled.

"Don't hesitate to tell me if something's bothering you."

"Ne. Komawo."

After breakfast, he dropped me off in school, not for classes but for graduation practices.

In a week, I am finally a university graduate.

"See you later." I said after taking off my seatbelt.

"Kurae. I'll pick you up."

"Eo. Drive safely."

I then got off his car. I went inside and proceeded to the auditorium. Honey and Channy were also there but they are on their respective seats since we are arranged in alphabetical order.

The practice went on until we had our lunch break.

"Ya, I can't believe that we are finally graduating!" Honey exclaimed happily.

"I know right? This just so exciting!" Channy said.

"Should I work in Kihyun's company?" Honey said.

"That's impossible. They rarely accept fresh graduates." Channy said.

"But we don't know, maybe luck could be on our side."

"Trying won't harm anyway."

"Ya, why are you so quiet?" Honey poked me on my cheeks.

"Am I?"

"You haven't said a single thing since we exited the auditorium."

"You should be happy because it's our graduation soon."

"I am happy. It's just that, I can't help but think about what will happen in the future."

"Future? You mean in your career?"

"No, in my pretentious life."

Both Honey and Channy sighed in chorus.

"You know what, don't think about things that are not happening yet. What's important right now is to focus on our practice and look forward to our graduation."

"Kurae, Honey is right. And if anything happens to you, always remember that we are here to back you up."

"I really am so lucky to have you as my best friends. Thank you." I said as I hugged them both.

"You are our baby." Honey said.

Kihyun pov

Two days from now is Sohee's birthday. Her real birthday.

Honey texted me about it and they plan to hold a surprise party.

I reserved a place in a restaurant and now the only problem I have is what gift to buy for her.