Kaito Shion x Reader

"What do you want to do today?"

"I don't know."

"Do you want to eat anything?"

"I don't know."

"Do you want to...watch TV?"

"I don't know."

"Do you want a drink?"

"I don't know."

You sighed as you let your head flop off the edge of your bed, looking at Kaito who was laying out on the couch that would soon become a futon in the night. His own head was flopped upside down like yours, his hair barely brushing the floor as his blue eyes leveled on you and you stared back at him. It was like that for a moment or two until you widened your eyes which caused you both to crack up in peals of laughter. You nearly fell off the bed with your laughter as you snorted and Kaito seemed to lose his shit at the snort causing more peals of laughter that bordered on hysteric. 

"You both are howling like hyenas. What the hell is so funny?" Your mother questioned from the doorway which set off more laughter that was killing your stomach and if you'd sounded like a dying animal before from the intensity of laughing it was worse as you hyperventilated to get air to your aching lungs and sides.

"Nothing!" Kaito eventually gasped making you giggle hysterically with snorts as you held your stomach. He had tears dripping to the floor from the laughing and it made his blue eyes sparkle like sapphires and you grinned when your mother threw her hands  up and sighed walking away.

"Dinner in ten!" Your mother shouted as she walked off down the hall with soft humps of her socked feet against the wood floor board. You looked at Kaito when you both broke into giggles, Kaito's eyes sparkling and you felt your heart tighten near painfully in your chest at the sight of his smiling face.

"Your mom is amazing!" Kaito got out in chuckles as you sat up right, the blood rushing to your head making your vision spin and feel vaguely nauseous. You never really liked hanging upside down but it was funner with Kaito or another of your friends which made it more fun to do but even now it was fun.

"I don't know. Mom never really cares if I come and go. It's a bit sad really." You say with a shrug as Kaito got a sympathetic look on his face and reached out touching the back of your hot hand with the cool finger tips of his.

"It's okay though, you got me!" Kaito assured you making a smile form that you were reluctant to let happen but it did on it's own and it felt right. And then, maybe that's the reason why you let the kiss happen.

The kiss was a soft and subtle thing, just a brush of lips against yours that was anxious and short, but there and warm. It was natural and right it felt, as you sat there perfectly still like any sudden movement might shatter this strange illusion like feeling. You did, however, lean forward when he pulled back to apologize and you could see it in his sorrowful blue eyes that turned shocked when you leaned in again. You didn't know when someone stopped but when it did you leaned back, face a red that probably matched Kaito's, and pressed the back of your hand against your lips.

"Dinner!" Your mom bellowed up the stairs loudly, shocking you both and you jumped up with Kaito scrambling to his feet with you. You blushed hard as you looked down but deep inside you felt satisfaction and you could tell, with a little shy look, that Kaito was feeling the same.

"Dinner?" Kaito asked shyly and you laughed then before you could help yourself and fidgeted nodding softly.

"Dinner."

______________________________________________________________________________________

"(Your name)! You look so hyped lately!" Your friend marveled as off the right of her Miku nodded, teal eyes glittering at you softly in agreement as she smiled.