Rin Kagamine x Reader

You remembered the first time you saw Rin Kagamine. She was impossible to miss, really and truly, what with her pretty short blonde, large blue eyes, loud abrupt ordering tone and cute smile with her adorable giggle that grabbed your heart from day one. She was hard at work making her covers and songs with her Master and yet when she came to school with the other Vocaloids you couldn't help from staring at her when she would enter class. Though she seemed entranced by Kaito, Len constantly at her side or behind her watching her interactions, you didn't think you'd be able to get close to her. Not in a million years. That is until she send you a text one day.

You: Who is this and how did you get this number?

Rin: Oh! (Your name), I got the right number right?

You: Who is this?

Rin: It's Rin! Rin Kagamine! I'm so glad I got the right number!

You blinked in surprise a few times then looked at the clock, noting how late it was and you pushed away from your desk where your homework was spread across the surface and taking a look at your closed door you figured your mother could forget a few minutes of slacking. You held your phone with both hands as you typed out a response, thumbs tapping the screen lightly.

You: Oh! Rin, shouldn't you be sleeping? Or charging?

Rin: Hmph! I don't need to charge because I'm a Vocaloid!

Rin: Okay sometimes I go in for a quick charge but I mostly sleep like you!

You: Haha! I knew it!

Rin: Shut it!

You: Never! *insert evil laughter* But no, seriously, what are you doing up so late?

Rin: I don't know, wanted to talk to someone. I've wanted to get in contact with you seeing as many of the other Vocaloids know of you and are friends with you so why wouldn't I want to get to know you as well?

You: That..makes sense. Deeply. So, Rin Kagamine, why-if you want to know me- are you texting me so late when you easily can in the morning?

Rin: Because! You go to work at ten every morning and you don't get out til five so there wouldn't be a good time!

You couldn't help but feel a deep sense of suspicion with a little shiver of creepiness slither down your spine. How did she know when you went to work at and what time you got out? You shook it off, figuring she must've talked to one of the other girls and when that suspicion faded you felt rather flattered.

You: Wow, you must've asked one of the others to know that, huh? But I could easily text you while at work.

Rin: No no! I won't distract you from your work! Besides, I'll be recording all day while you're at work so there really wouldn't be time to talk tomorrow.

You: Oh wow. Well it is late, though, so we should sleep though. Or rest? We can just talk at school on Monday and text after work, okay?

Rin:....Fine. But don't forget!

And that's how your friendship with Rin Kagamine kicked off.

_______________________________________________________________________

"Well I'm just saying if you took a hamster and a squirrel-"

"Rin! Come on, a breed between a hamster and squirrel could not happen!" You protested in a groan as you opened your sandwich you made in a rush before you left the house that morning. It'd been a solid month of talking to Rin, day in and day out, becoming close friends that you were proud about.