Chapter XXI - Wrestling Match!

Kenzie's POV

Well then... looks like Beasty and the dingus finally admitted their feelings to each other. I'm guessing they're gonna go to Ben's Coronation with each other. Speaking of the Coronation, I need to find at least SOME kind of dress. I mean, don't get me wrong, a dress can look good when on the right person. BUT, I'm absolutely NEVER that person. Trust me, my body just isn't built for that stuff. MY fancy-wear is usually a flannel jacket with some jeans and my usual combat boots, but it says on the invite to the coronation that we need to wear fancy dresses... great.

Being the stubborn person that I am, I searched up "dresses for tomboys" and looked through the clothing images.

"No... No... Double no... Heckin nope..." I whispered under my breath while looking at images of dresses. I even hated the tomboy dresses! Ugh, why do we have to dress like THIS? I finally gave up and went to Evie's dorm. I knocked on the door and heard a "Come in!" from Evie.

Once she saw me, she smiled widely and asked, "Kenzie! What's up?"

I sat down on the couch in her dorm and groaned. "Hey, Fashion Girl. I have a dress problem for you."

At my words, Evie perked up, ran over, and sat next to me. She placed a hand on my knee and said, "Tell me." Her gaze was intense. Evie was probably already thinking of dresses for me.

I sighed. "I know that I'm required to wear a dress for the coronation, but I literally don't like ANY dresses."

As soon as the words left my mouth, Evie yelled "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!" and ran off to her sewing machine and sketch book. I just backed out of the room slowly. Sharply, I turned to run off before bumping into Carlos and knocking him down.

"Hey Clumsy," Carlos laughed, helping me up. "What are ya doing over here? I've been looking for you."

"Oh, I just needed Evie's help with something. So what's up?"

"I... uh... made this for you," he answered nervously, holding out a leather bracelet with a white rock with writing on it. It read "Hakuna Matata." "I hope you like it, I just got the idea while relaxing in my room." Carlos explained, rubbing the back of his neck.

Immediately, I embraced him in a hug, catching him off guard. He seemed surprised at first but then hugged me back. I could feel him warming up, a smile growing on his face.

We both released from the hug. I ruffled his curly white hair and Carlos groaned a bit, then chuckled. "Thank you, Carlos. I really appreciate it," I told him. He blushed and looked down, which was kind of funny. Mischievously, I kissed him on the cheek, just to make him blush harder. Smirking, I put the bracelet on my wrist, surprised to find it fit perfectly.

"Wait! This reminds me..." I realized.

"Reminds you of what?" Carlos questioned me.

"Follow me." I answered. Carlos looked intrigued as I led him to my dorm room. I opened the door and saw his jaw drop.

On my bed, a basket of chocolate treats was neatly arranged. Everything from plain milk chocolate to blueberry-filled dark chocolate was in the basket. He was still staring in surprise after five minutes, so I started to get worried.

"Uh... Carlos? You okay?"

Carlos responded by tackling me and stuffing a piece of dark chocolate in my mouth before telling me, "I'm better than okay!" He stayed on top of me, smiling while I finished the chocolate he stuffed in my mouth. Carlos was about to go in for a kiss before Summer burst into the room.

"SERIOUSLY guys, GET A ROOM!" She groaned. I rolled my eyes playfully and Carlos chuckled. Carlos got off of me and we both stood up. I walked over to Summer, smirking.

"What? AHHH!" Summer screamed as I pulled her to the ground. We started wrestling, Carlos watching in amusement. Grunting, Summer and I both tried to pin each other down, but we are pretty even in strength. However, Summer is smaller, so she is able to slip through small, tight spaces. Sometimes she would slip out of my grasp and jump onto my back, but I would roll around on the floor until she lost her grip. In the end, we made a truce.

We caught our breath and found Carlos cracking up in the corner. Summer smirked and nodded at me.

"Carlosssss!" She beckoned. He managed to stop laughing, and then saw us smirking, standing in front of him.

"Oh no..."

"Oh yes," I said, grinning. Summer and I both tackled him. We all started wrestling. I have to say, as little experience as he had, Carlos actually did pretty well. Summer tried to pin him down, but Carlos is pretty fast. He slipped away and knocked her aside before pinning me down and tickling me.

"Nooooo! My weaknessss!!!!!" I yelled in between laughs. I squirmed around, trying to escape him. Before I knew it, Carlos crashed down on top of me.

"Oomph!"

Summer had crushed him and hopped onto his back while he was distracted with me.

"I'M THE CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!!!" Summer screamed. We all laughed, out of breath from wrestling. I lifted everyone off of me and got up.

"Well, then. I guess I missed some fun," We all turned to the doorway, finding Jay standing there with a smirk on his face. He tried to strut into the dorm in a cool way, but it was kind of ridiculous. Carlos snickered while Jay gave him a glare.

All was silent. Suddenly, McKenzie popped in, yelling "HEY GUYS!"

"GAHHH!" All of us yelled in unison, startled by McKenzie's sudden entrance.

"So... What's happening?" She asked as if nothing happened.

Jay answered. "Well I walked in on these three wrestling. All of them were in a dogpile, Kenzie on the bottom and Summer on the top," Jay explained, motioning to Summer, Carlos, and me.

McKenzie's eyes darted to me, her eyebrows wagging up and down. I rolled my eyes and smiled. Jay walked over to Summer, picking her up bridal style and carrying her away.

"LET ME DOWN!!" I heard her yell.

"Not until we get to my dorm!" I heard Jay answer. I could just see the smile on his face.

I felt arms wrap around me as Carlos hugged me from behind, his chin resting on my shoulder.

"KENZIE! KENZIE! KENZIE! I NEED TO SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!!" Evie squealed while running in. She stopped in front of me, panting.

"Uh, okay..."

"FOLLOW ME!!!!" She yelled, dashing off again.

Carlos started grumbling. "Will I see you tonight? My dorm?" he asked, looking like a sad puppy.

"Definitely," I answered, hugging him once more before running off after Evie.

A/N - Hey guys thanks for reading, I'll be trying to get a chapter out at least every month.  This chapter was just a fun one, but kind of awkward to write at the same time.  Also, I've been working on the next chapter and I'm just warning you, it's kind of awkward, too, lol.  Anyway, the story is coming closer to the Coronation... and soon the end of the story.  Don't worry though, I have ideas for another fanfic!  Hope you guys have a great day filled with jellybean chickens!!!