Chapter VI

Summer's POV

Ugh, I can't believe I almost had to give JAY a KISS! EW! Anyway, after Jay caught me they all started congratulating him until Kenzie scared the crap out of them and they paid attention. Serves 'em right.

"LISTEN UP, MAGGOTS! In this strength drill, three of you at a time will work as a team to play tug-of-war with me. If you win, I'll give you automatic spots on the team," Kenzie explained with ferocity. "I will not be in lion form so that you actually have a slim chance. I will not give you automatic wins though, so choose your teams wisely. Now, CHOOSE!"

The players all scattered, choosing their teammates and lining up at the end of the rope. Kenzie went to the other side.

"Now, who's first?"

Ben, Chad, and Jay all stepped forward. Kenzie grinned.

"Good luck, gentlemen." Kenzie picked up the rope and the boys did the same. She commanded them to start and she just stood, holding the rope. The boys pulled and pulled, but Kenzie didn't budge. I giggled a bit.

"You guys are uncoordinated. Pull at the same time to combine your strength."

The boys used Kenzie's advice and pulled at the same time. Kenzie had to pull back, and she sent the boys flying over to the other side of the field.

"A FOR EFFORT!" Kenzie yelled in their direction. "Who's next?"

Carlos, Doug, and a boy I didn't recognize stepped forward hesitantly. They picked up the rope with shaking hands, but they dug their feet into the ground and grabbed onto the rope tighter, with more confidence. They seemed to be focusing on strategy.

"PULL!"

The boys and Kenzie pulled. This team was not the most muscled, but they had a good strategy. Kenzie started sliding on the ground and almost fell, but she pulled the boys over.

"Great job! I think I'll count that as a win for you guys!"

They all whooped and cheered for the underdogs. I snuck up to one of them and scared them out of their mind, though. Never gets old.

"OKAY! Tryouts are officially over! Summer and I will discuss the results and post them in the cafeteria tomorrow."

The players looked relieved as they all made their way back to the locker room. I hid in a bush as Carlos came over to Kenzie, though. Heheheh... Juicy gossip...

"Hey, Kenzie! I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to, um," Carlos swallowed nervously. "Maybe you want to hang out later? With me?"

"Sure! I'll meet you at my dorm after dinner."

"Great! See ya around!"

OOOOOH YES SHIPPING MOMENTS ARE GOIN DOWN FOR REAL Y'ALL! Heheheheh... Should I go with Carzie or Kenlos? Hmm... I'll think about it. MWAHAHAHHAHA!

Jay's POV

I'm still confused why Summer went back on the deal at the Tourney Tryouts... Whatever. I'll find another way for her to kiss me.

I was walking past the gym when I heard strange yelling from inside. I peered in cautiously and found Kenzie with earbuds and boxing gloves. She was focused on punching a giant, leather punching bag. While she was punching, she was making weird yelling sounds. All of a sudden, Kenzie spun around with incredible speed and kicked the punching bag in half. I just stared, my eyes as wide as they could be. She paused and then turned around.

"Hey, Jay. What's up?" She asked as if nothing happened.

"I just heard yelling and I came to see what it was..." I trailed off, still staring at the punching bag.

"Oh, that's called a ki-hap," Kenzie explained. "It means 'yell' in Korean. I do taekwon-do, a martial art from Korea."

"What's Korean?"

"It's a foreign language, named after its origin in Korea."

"Oh okay and one more thing..."

"Yeah?" Kenzie asked, walking over to the water fountain. I followed her.

Kenzie drank some water and still had some in her mouth when I told her, "I think Carlos likes you."

Kenzie spit the water out and onto me. "Really? Wait, no. You're just playing a joke on me. No one would like a girl like me. Plus, we're just friends. He doesn't think of it as any more than that, and I can tell it by the way he acts around me."

"How does he act?"

"He always acts nervous around me when he asks me a question. It's probably because I intimidate him."

I paused for a moment, thinking over my answer. "Did you ever think it could possibly be because he wants you like him back and not think he's stupid?"

Kenzie just stared off into space. "No. I didn't. I still don't know for sure, but I'll look for the signs. Thanks, Jay."

"No problem."

A/N- I absolutely LOVE Summer's character!  My friend told me to make her super evil and meddle in everyone's lives so here ya go! XD Thanks for reading and I hope you have a day full of magical unicorn chickens!