Chapter X

Jay's POV

I knew something happened. I could tell by the look on Carlos's face that he did something wrong. The only things I heard from outside the door was Kenzie telling Carlos to stop, and then their discussion. I decided to take it easy on him.

"So, what happened?"

Carlos turned bright red. "Wait, did you hear all of that?"

"Only Kenzie telling you to stop and your conversation afterwards. Wanna talk about it?"

Carlos looked at the wall, thinking deeply about what to say. "Well... I'll tell you if you promise not to tell anyone."

"I swear on my soul."

"Fine. So I brought Kenzie up to the dorm, and we started kissing. I sorta got a bit carried away and couldn't think straight. I almost went overboard until Kenzie stopped me."

I had no idea what to say to that. I thought it would be something like her telling him to stop bugging her, but this was something I didn't understand. I just tried my best to comfort him.

"Sometimes stuff like that happens, bro. Just gotta try to move past it and try not to do stuff like that again until you're both okay with it."

Carlos just nodded his head and looked at the ground. I've never had problems like Carlos is having, so I don't completely understand what it's like. It was tough trying to comfort him. I didn't know what else to do, so I gave him a hug. He seemed a bit uncomfortable about hugging me, so I put him in a headlock and gave him a noogie.

"Really?" Carlos laughed.

"Yes, really. Now are you going to a party or are you just sticking around here?"

"I don't know. I might go and ask Kenzie if she wants to go do something."

"Fine with me." I quickly got dressed and headed out to a party.

"Oh and Jay." Carlos paused. "Thanks for helping me out."

"No problem."

Summer's POV

Well my eyes are better! Yay!! Jay helped me a lot. Maybe he's not so bad... Anywho, Kenzie came and found me after disappearing with Carlos for a bit. She looked a bit flustered and distracted.

"What's wrong? Somebody lovesick?" I teased. Kenzie just looked away, not reacting to what I said. She looked back at the dorms.

"Okay something's definitely up with you. What happened? Carlos break up with you?" Kenzie isn't one for showing emotions, so it could be the worst thing possible and this is how she'd react. She always says, 'Don't let them see your weaknesses. People can turn into predators when they see you're vulnerable.'

"It's just... Nothing, nevermind."

"NO YOU WERE ABOUT TO TELL ME!! SPILL!" I yelled, jumping onto her back, flicking her neck with my tiny, black claws.

"FINE! FINE! MERCYYY!!" She pleaded. I stopped and got off of her back. We both sat down on a bench and she started explaining. She told me everything that happened with Carlos. I just gaped at her. I had no idea how to react. What do you say to someone who went through something like that?

Kenzie continued after a bit. "I'm not mad at Carlos, I was just startled by what happened. I still love him, I just have to be cautious about this kind of stuff. I have boundaries, and he didn't know that. It wasn't his fault. It was like he was a new person. Carlos wasn't thinking straight."

I nodded my head in agreement. I pulled her in for a hug, and put my arm around her back. I snuck my hand into her armpit and tickled her.

"HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!! MERCYYY HAHAHAH!!!" Kenzie laughed, almost crying. In serious situations, this is how I get her to cheer up. Kenzie fell off the bench, squirming around on the ground. I stopped when she was curled up in a little ball.

Kenzie and I just laid on the grass. Carlos came walking up not long after in a black, white, and red outfit. He had a rose in his hand, and walked up to Kenzie.

"I wanted to tell you again that I'm sorry. I hope that this night can start over for us."

"I already told you that you're forgiven, but it's fine with me if you want to go and do something if Summer doesn't mind."

I elbowed Kenzie. Hehehe. I'm gonna follow them once they leave... Why wouldn't I?

A/N-  10 CHAPTERS IN A DAY!!! WOOP!  NEW RECORDDDDDD!!!!!!!  Thanks for reading and I hope you guys have a day full of magical pegasus ducks!