Chapter V

Carlos's POV

I ran throughout the dorms, trying to find my diary before anyone else did. Finally, I came to McKenzie's dorm. I gazed at my diary in horror as I discovered it had been spray painted blue. I searched through the pages. On all of the pages that hadn't been written in, someone had spray painted "I LIKE KENZIE!" I knew there could be only one person who did it...

"SUMMER!!!!!" I burst into the room, furious that she had read my diary. Summer just stared at me with a smirk on her face.

"Don't worry, Carlos. We have a plan," McKenzie told me. "We're going to help you with your relationship with Kenzie. We aren't going to tell you our plan, so just trust us."

"Yeah Carlos, trust us," Summer said, her voice super high.

"What the..."

"Summer just ate a bunch of helium."

"Oh! Well... I'll just... leave." I ran as fast as I could away from the tiny monster. I glanced at my watch and noticed I had to get to the Tourney Team Tryouts. I quickly grabbed my bag and scurried out to the playing field.

Kenzie's POV

Well... Time for Tourney! Summer and I are the only female Tourney players in the whole league, and we're the best. We train the others and dictate the tryouts. As about 20 boys came jogging up to the field in their tryout uniforms, all of them looked utterly confused.

"LIIINE UP!" I yelled. All of the boys immediately got in a line, looking scared. I noticed that Jay and Carlos were in the line up. Good for them.

"Where are the coaches?" Someone asked in the line.

"WE are your coaches for now," I told him, motioning to Summer and me.

"Why are our coaches GIRLS?" Another questioned while others agreed.

"We'll show you. GATHER AROUND."

Summer changed into her alien form and I motioned for the two of them to arm wrestle. The boy looked extremely confident.

"GO!"

Summer instantly brought the boy down, making the earth underneath us tremble. When she let his arm go, an injury in the shape of an S was bleeding on his hand.

"That's why we're your coaches. Oh, and go get that checked out. You can also kiss your spot on the team goodbye for all of your arrogance," I told the boy. The rest of the players gazed at us, shocked and still contemplating what just happened.

"We are both coaching you because Summer is better with agility while I am better with strength," I explained, taking time to overlook each of them. "We are the only females in the Tourney league. The rest of the girls are just pretty princesses that don't have what it takes to play. In these tryouts, I will separate the knights from the princesses. Now... ARE YOU KNIGHTS OR ARE YOU MICE?"

"KNIGHTS!!!" All of them yelled in unison.

"Good. We will start with the speed tryouts. You need to try to catch Summer while she's in her normal form. She is fast in either form, but we will go easy on you this time."

"If you catch me, maybe I'll give you a kiss," Summer told them, winking at them. I watched as all of the players launched themselves, well except for Carlos at first, at Summer, only for her to dash away and leave them in the dust.

"This is going to be a long tryout," I sighed.

----30 mins into the speed tryout----

"OKAY! Gather. I'll share a secret."

The boys gathered around me in a circle, all of them breathless and gasping for air. I motioned with my hand to Summer so that she would go far enough away that she didn't hear what I was about to say.

"You guys are just running after her. This is more than that. Use strategy, and come at her from different angles. Surround her if possible."

"Yes, coach."

"Now GO CATCH HER!"

They all ran after her again, some just running and ignoring what I said. Others came at her from the side and tried to cut her off. Summer sprinted under the cover of a tree when...

Jay caught her! He dropped onto her from above while she was busy doing a victory dance.

"Good job, Jay! I can tell you that you will be getting a spot on the team."

"Pay up, blueberry," Jay said to Summer, turning his cheek. Summer just punched him in the face.

"HEY what was THAT for? I didn't mean a punch! You said you would kiss the one that caught you!"

"In your dreams," Summer muttered. More loudly she said explained "I said MAYBE I would give the person who caught me a kiss! I didn't say I absolutely would!" Summer stormed back to the tourney field.

"Well, congratulations Jay you earned a spot. Now it's time for strength tryouts."

A/N- I am constantly working on this story so I will be updating a lot.  I just made the book today and I have 5 chapters XDD.  Thanks for reading and have a great day filled with chickens!!