Chapter XI

McKenzie's POV

I was sitting in my dorm room, reading a book. At peaceful times like these, I'm grateful that I don't have a roommate. I had just finished that book for the third time, so I got up to go and get another book from my shelf. I heard these weird crawling noises coming from the ceiling and I knew that it could only be one person.

"I know you're there, Summer. Show yourself!"

Summer popped into the doorway, squealing with delight. "OH. EM. GEE. GUESS. WHAT. HAPPENED!!!"

I started getting excited. JUICY GOSSIP HERE I COME! "What happened??" I asked, trying to contain myself.

Summer told me everything that happened with Kenzie and Carlos. I started squealing my pig squeal and we both rolled around on the ground, fangirling like crazy.

Jay walked into the room. "GEEZ GIRLS CALM DOWN MY EARS ARE BLEEDING!" We both just stared at him.

"Were you stalking us, you creep?" I asked.

"No, I was walking down the hall and I heard squealing. I was in the BOY'S HALL!"

Summer and I paused. We can get a little carried away at times... I got an idea. I know it's not Christmas, but Summer and Jay were arguing about how loud we were being, and I got the mistletoe out... hehe.

I quietly taped the little plant on the ceiling above their heads, and told them to look up. Both of them facepalmed while I gave them an evil smile.

"YOU TWO MUST DO IT ACCORDING TO THE ANCIENT LAW OF THE MISTLETOE!"

Both of them grumbled, but I thought I saw a smile from Jay. It quickly disappeared. OOH SOMEBODY got a little CRUSH???

Summer and Jay quickly gave each other a little peck and then ran to the bathroom to wash off their mouths. Jay probably ran to tell some of his friends. "MWAHAHAHHAHA!"

Summer came back in alien form and tackled me, using my own hands to slap myself in the face. "BAD PIGGY! VERY BAD PIGGY!" I started laugh-crying.

"I still need your help with something, though."

I became intrigued. "Hmm what could it possibly be?"

"You know. So, you in?"

"GIRRRL YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE!" I put Summer on a leash once she turned into alien form. "Find their scent, Summer girl!"

Summer picked up a scent almost immediately and ran off, dragging me along with her.

Jay's POV

YES!! THANK YOU MCKENZIE!!! I ran up to my dorm and did a happy dance. I need to talk to Kenzie and get her to set us up somehow...

Carlos walked into the dorm right in the middle of my happy dance.

"HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STANDING THERE?" I demanded after finishing my victory dance.

"Uh, like 10 minutes." Carlos just looked at me weirdly. "Why do you look so happy?"

I showed Carlos a tiny, blue stain on my lips. He gasped.

"How did you get her to kiss you??"

"McKenzie put mistletoe above us."

Carlos started dancing with me. I was so overjoyed that I didn't notice Summer walk into our dorm.

"What the heck??" Summer's voice scared me. I must have jumped five feet in the air. "Are you okay? Do you need medicine?"

"I'm fine," I responded, blushing a bit. Since when do I blush? COME ON JAY GET IT TOGETHER! Carlos must have noticed since he elbowed my arm. "Wait, why are you in here? It's past curfew."

"Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!"

Carlos just snickered beside me. I threw a piece of chocolate at her. "BE GONE LITTLE BEAST!"

"Why? You're not the boss of me!"

"I have to change. Unless you want to SEE that, which I don't think you do, you should leave."

At those words, Summer sprinted out of the room, screaming. I laughed. I turned back to Carlos. "So how did it go with Kenzie?"

"Everything's fine. We don't talk about the incident, and we don't need to."

"That's nice. Well I'm gonna go sleep. G'night."

Kenzie's POV

I woke up feeling refreshed. I stretched in my lion form and got dressed in a light grey, long-sleeved shirt with jeans. It was casual since I didn't have anything going on except for class. I woke Summer up and she growled at me. Last night, she had made a nest with pillows and curled up in a ball inside the nest.

"Wake up little beast," I coaxed. She didn't stir. I got an airhorn.

"OKAY OKAY GEEZ I'M UP!" Summer grumbled. She's not a morning person. Summer got dressed and we hurried to the cafeteria for breakfast. I got eggs and a lot of meat. Summer got a waffle and eggs. We walked over to the VK table. I sat in between Carlos and Summer while Summer sat by Jay and me. I finished before the others.

"Distract Jay for a sec," I whispered to Summer. "Trust me it'll be worth it."

Summer started talking to Jay, distracting him long enough so that I could take his bacon. Mal told Jay that I was stealing his bacon and he looked furious. He ran after me, but I just kept changing direction. I stopped, and Jay was running for me head-on. I threw the bacon in the air, boosted off of Jay, and caught the bacon while doing a flip. Jay fell to the ground and I put a foot on his back. "VICTORRYYY!!" I shouted.

Everyone cheered. I took Jay on my shoulder and put him down on the seat of the table. I eyed him while I ate his bacon. He was still glaring at me. While he wasn't looking, Summer put a blue bow in his hair. Everyone started laughing at him and he just looked confused. I told him to go look in the mirror and minutes later, we heard a high-pitched scream come from the bathroom.

"Was that Jay?" Carlos asked.

"Sounds like it."

Jay stomped into the cafeteria again, picking up Summer by the collar of her shirt. "I'LL GET YOU BACK!!"

"You can try, but I'll do something worse!" Summer answered with a smile. Jay backed down. "Wow way to take the fun out of it you big grump!" Summer exclaimed.

We all finished our meals and headed to class.